Find the Timbers and win!
Life-size cutouts of Timbers players have been placed throughout the Portland metro and Vancouver, WA in 14 undisclosed locations. Will Johnson, Diego Chara, Darlington Nagbe, Diego Valeri, a slightly larger-than-life sized Donovan Ricketts, and nine more.
Find and post them on Twitter and you will be eligible to win prizes like tickets and autographed gear, including tickets to the AT&T MLS All-Star game and seats to the July 13 Timbers – Sounders match with airfare and hotel.
Find and post all 14 individual players and you will receive two (2) tickets to a Timbers CONCACAF Champions League match.
Plus, there is one life-size display of all the 14 players together – find that and you’ll also be eligible to win. Here’s a hint: it’s located at one of Oregon’s largest malls.
How do I participate?
- Find a player cutout and take a photo of yourself with that player.
- Post it to Twitter with the hashtag #Timbers14 and that player’s custom hashtag printed on the cutout, to be eligible for the Grand Prize as well as daily prizes.
- Find and post all 14 individual players and receive two tickets to a Timbers CONCACAF Champions League match.
- Contest ends June 2.
Where should I start looking for player cut-outs?
Clues will be posted on the Timbers Twitter page (@TimbersFC) and Facebook pages throughout the contest.
Once a clue has been posted, it will also be added to this page so make sure you check here throughout the contest.
Clue or the life-size display of all the 14 players together: It’s located at one of Oregon’s largest malls. #Timbers14
Clue 1: Find @Futty98 overlooking the pitch from this corner of the field, right after he gets taped. Learn more: www.timbers14.com #RCTID
Clue 2: Donovan Ricketts presides over this Rose City court - one made for soccer, the 3v3 or 5v5 variety. www.timbers14.com #RCTID
Clue 3: Indoor soccer dominates this sportsplex on the Westside, where @mikeymomoney2 stands guard. #Timbers14 #RCTID
Clue 4: You can find this towering defender on SE Belmont. He'll keep you company as you wait for a lift. #Timbers14 #RCTID
Clue 5: You’ll find Captain @WillJohnson04 somewhere on NW Glisan. Might help if you’re waiting for the bus. #RCTID #Timbers14
Clue 6: You'll find this cool cat hanging out at a downtown coffee shop, drinking Timbers 1975 Blend. #Timbers14 #RCTID
Clue 7: You'll find a defender inside a place on Hawthorne, where you can enjoy a fresh strawberry milkshake. #RCTID #Timbers14
Clue 8: You'll find this Timbers forward here, where these two brothers brew with passion and serve great food, too. #RCTID #Timbers14
Clue 9: You'll find @darlingtonnagbe at the City of Books, one of Portland's icons. Read up. #RCTID #Timbers14
Clue 10: Look who found Steve in Tualatin, current @pdxthunder and former @WinTheDay QB Darron Thomas. #Timbers14 #RCTID [Hint: its where the Portland Thunder practice]
Clue 11: Off to the movies! Find @DiegoChara21 at this one of a kind Beaverton cinema, which also has an art gallery. #RCTID #Timbers14
Clue 12: What’s on your list today? Let Diego Valeri help you find it at this store on Raleigh Hills. #Timbers14 #RCTID
Clue 13: A midfielder kicks it at this soccer facility in Vancouver; but you don't have to mow the playing service. #RCTID #Timbers14
Clue 14: Find @JewsburyJ and get your club gear here. Be careful there’s more than one; this one’s newer. #Timbers14 #RCTID
The Grand Prize
One winner will be randomly selected at the end of the contest to receive:
- Two (2) tickets to the AT&T MLS All-Star game at Providence Park on August 6
- Two (2) tickets to the July 13 Timbers – Sounders match in Seattle, including airfare and two nights hotel.
- Two (2) tickets to the Timbers regular season finale vs. RSL on October 17
The “Find-All-14” Prize
- Find and post all 14 player cut-outs by June 2 at 5 p.m. and you will receive two (2) tickets to one of the Timbers CONCACAF Champions League home matches to be scheduled later this summer/early fall.
- Each day, one participant will be randomly selected to receive an assorted Timbers prize. One day it could be a scarf, the next, an autographed jersey. 21 total daily prizes will be awarded.