Timbers and Thorns FC Appearance Request Form
Each year, the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC players, Timber Joey, coaches, and staff make appearances at various community and corporate events. Although the Timbers and Thorns are eager to reach every fan, their availability due to training, travel and games is limited. If you are interested in having a member of the Timbers or Thorns participate in your event, please review the guidelines and submit a request utilizing the Player Appearance Request Form below.
- Requests must be received six (6) weeks prior to the event date
- All requests must be submitted via the Player Appearance Request Form
- Faxed/emailed copies will NOT be considered. Please refer to the Timbers schedule prior to submitting your request, as appearances will not be scheduled on the following: Game days, Day before games, Travel days, Player "Off" days, During training - no appearances before 2:00 p.m.
- Appearance length cannot exceed 90 minutes, including roundtrip travel time from Providence Park to event location
When considering appearance requests, we adhere to the criteria listed below:
- Wide-reaching impact/Maximize player time
- Clearly defined role or activity for the player, i.e. reading to a class, hand out awards, etc.
- No activities with risk of injury
- Purpose separate from player's attendance - We recommend that your event not center on a player's attendance, but the appearance serve as a complement to the overall event
Promoting Player Appearances
Use of the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC name, logos and trademarks and/or any advertising that implies the support or sponsorship of an event or organization by the Portland Timbers, Portland Thorns FC, Portland Timbers Community Fund, or Major League Soccer must be approved in writing by the Portland Timbers or Portland Thorns FC. Before promoting a Timbers/Thorns player appearance, please contact the Community Relations Department for approval. This policy pertains to all forms of advertising, including all print, television and radio promotion.
Once your request has been reviewed, you will be contacted by a Community Relations representative and learn the status of your request: declined, pending or accepted. Due to the volume of requests, please allow 2-4 weeks for a response.
If your request has been accepted, it has been done so in accordance to the information provided in the Player Appearance Request Form. If changes are made after this time, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate the changes. As a general rule, the Timbers do not make return visits to organizations within a calendar year. Also, an approved appearance does not ensure annual participation by the Timbers or Thorns.
Some events may require an appearance fee. The Community Relations Department will contact you if your event request will require you to pay an appearance fee.
The Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC reserve the right to cancel an appearance at any time due to player/coach/mascot/family conflicts, emergencies, illness, traveling conflict, etc. If for any reason we need to cancel an appearance, we will notify your organization as soon as we are aware of an unavoidable conflict.
Thank you for your interest in making the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC part of your event!
Be sure to complete this form in full. All requests must be received six (6) weeks in advance of event. Please note we cannot guarantee an appearance as we work around our match, training and travel schedule.