Defender Kipp Erskine is one of just a few non-Oregon natives on the inajgural squad of the Portland Timbers U-23s. A reliable defender for the Timbers U-23s this season, Erskine opens up about his hometown of Spring, Texas, in the lastest edition of Timbers Top 5.
A suburb of Houston, Spring, Texas, was founded in 1836. It has a population of just under 40,000 people, roughly the same size as Lake Oswego, Ore. Here are Kipp's favorite things about his home town of Spring:
1. I enjoy the people who live in Spring, and their Southern hospitality attitude. They are sure to make you feel welcome.
2. You're always able to find good, authentic Mexican food. There are a number of self owned Mexican resturants all over Spring.
3. The mall area in Spring is always a good time. It has all of the best stores as well as resturants, bars, and theatres for your food and entertainment needs.
4. High school football games in Spring are fun to go to because of the magnitude of football, especially at the high school level, in Texas.
5. I also like the location of Spring relative to the city of Houston. It is nice because you are far enough outside Houston to avoid the negatives of a big city but it is close enough to offer many of the good things that a big city has to offer.
Click here to see the entire Timbers U-23s roster.