Matchday: Portland Timbers host Vancouver Whitecaps in Cascadia Cup clash
Portland Timbers vs. Vancouver Whitecaps, Aug. 3, 2013; 8:00pm PT - ROOT SPORTS
The Portland Timbers continue their Cascadia Cup quest Saturday night as they host the Vancouver Whitecaps at JELD-WEN Field on August 3 at 8:00pm PT. The match will be broadcast on ROOT SPORTS with Christian Miles and Jimmy Conrad on the call. Keith Blyer and Adin Brown host the radio call on 750 AM The Game while Spanish language broadcast is on La Pantera 940. The Timbers will be wearing their Primary Green kits this evening.
JELD-WEN Field Notes
- Photo contests, 50/50 raffle, foursquare & more. See all the fun fan contests this weekend.
- Check out Stumplings in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).
- Budweiser Poolball returns! Play for a chance to win tickets to Sept. 29 match vs. LA Galaxy
- All concession items (both food and drinks) are 25% off from gates opening until 7:00 pm (excluding Qdoba products)
- Additionally, 12 oz. Rolling Rock will be $2 at the Soccer City Grill and Bottom’s Up Beer Cart. Offer also good from gates opening until 7:00pm. The two offers can’t be combined.
- Info on water policy can also be found on The Backcut blog.
- E-cycle your old mobile phone.
- Sign up for Timbers Match Text Alerts. Text "ALERT" to 27299 to join. Match day alerts will send you notifications for goals, cards & more for instant updates on the match.
1. Get To The Stadium
2. Buy Tickets
3. Choose Your Entrance - KeyBank Club seats open two hours prior to kickoff. Gate 3 (Timbers Army Gate) opens two hours prior to kickoff for people with wristbands (see below) and then 90 minutes prior without wrist band along with Gates 1, 2, 4, & 5 - SEE SPECIAL ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR GATE 3 BELOW
4. Find Your Seat
5. Enjoy The Match
6. After The Match
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at JELD-WEN Field. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution. For more details, please visit the Timbers Army Gate Wristband FAQ.
JELD-WEN Field Stadium App
Find your way around JELD-WEN Field with this free app for both iPhone and Android. Get the quickes route to your seat, find nearby amenities, and look up a complete menu of all stadium food options and locations.
View photos from the match, comment on articles, and get exclusive content.
MATCHDAY PREVIEW: Portland host Whitecaps in Cascadia Cup match at JELD-WEN Field
READ: KeyBank Scouting Report: Vancouver Whitecaps
READ: Timbers eager for the stretch run
READ: Donovan Ricketts wins eighth MLS Save of the Week in 2013
WATCH: Porter, W. Johnson, Zemanski, & Piquionne talk about facing the Whitecaps and the rivalry
VAN: Caps prepared for Timbers
VAN: Camilo is the MLS Player of the Month
Join the on Twitter with #RCTID