Matchday: Portland Timbers return to MLS play against Sporting Kansas City
Timbers vs. Sporting Kansas City | June 27, 2014, 8:00 p.m PT | KPTV
After a two week World Cup break, the Portland Timbers return to MLS play to host Sporting Kansas City at 8pm PT on KPTV at Providence Park, presented by CenturyLink. The two teams met earlier this week in U.S. Open Cup play with the Timbers defeating Sporting 3-1 in KC.
Tonight's game will be televised on KPTV with Keith Bleyer and Brian Dunseth providing the call. The radio broadcast is on 750 AM The Game with Jake Zivin and Andrew Gregor on the call. A free online audio stream is available on 750 The Game.
The first 5,000 fans through the door tonight will receive a free Michael Harrington mask to be used with the #HarringtonPhotoBomb contest presented by CenturyLink. Post your Harrington photos on social media for a chance to win a VIP Timbers game experience.
The Timbers will be wearing their Green and Gold third kits this evening.
Providence Park Notes
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle. Learn more about its impact with AC Portland and in the community.
- Visit Big-Ass Sandwiches in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).
- Read about the numerous new Oregon-based menu items at Providence Park.
- Find the free Timbers Photobooth and get your picture taken for free at the game.
- Info on water policy can also be found on The Backcut blog.
- E-cycle your old mobile phone.
- Sign up for Timbers Match Text Alerts. Text "ALERT" to 27299 to join. Match day alerts will send you notifications for goals, cards & more for instant updates on the match.
1. Get To The Stadium
2. Buy Tickets
3. Choose Your Entrance - KeyBank Club seats open two hours prior to kickoff. Gate 3 (Timbers Army Gate) opens two hours prior to kickoff for people with wristbands (see below) and then 90 minutes prior without wristbands along with Gates 1, 2, 4, & 5 - SEE SPECIAL ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR GATE 3 BELOW
4. Find Your Seat
5. Enjoy The Match
6. After The Match
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution. For more details, please visit the Timbers Army Gate Wristband FAQ.
View photos from the match, comment on articles, and get exclusive content.
KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT MATCHDAY PREVIEW: Timbers host Sporting KC for second time this week
WATCH: Caleb Porter previews KC
WATCH: Michael Harrington discusses playing Sporting twice in one week
WATCH: Porter & Harrington talk World Cup and USMNT
READ: Quick Strikes: Five numbers to know for #PORvSKC
READ: Timbers beat SKC in USOC 3-1
READ: Timbers sign Fanendo Adi to DP contract
READ: Timbers sign Liam Ridgewell to as DP defender
SKC: Sporting looking for redemption
SKC: Five things to know for #PORvSKC
Join the on Twitter with #RCTID