AT&T MLS All-Star: Twitter voting opens Wednesday
On Wednesday, a new wrinkle will officially be added to the mix: The Twitter vote.
Go to the Twitter Ballot.
How does it all work? Here's what you need to know:
Voting is open from 9 a.m. PT Wednesday, July 2 to 8:59pm PT Sunday, July 6, 2014. A short window, so make sure you get as many tweets in as you can.
An eligible vote consists of the hashtag #MLSAllStar.
- AND the player's full name (first and last required) with or without a space (Example: Darlington Nagbe, or DarlingtonNagbe);
- OR their twitter @handle (Example: @darlingtonnagbe).
- A user may vote for one player in a tweet; If the user votes for multiple players in the same tweet, only the first player's name will be counted as a vote.
- A user may only vote for players on the All-Star ballot (click here to see the online ballot).
- There is no limit to the number of tweets a user may submit for any one player. Go nuts.
- Each retweet of an eligible vote counts as one vote.
- Each Twitter vote counts equal to one online vote.
So that's the deal. Get your Twitter game is ready, the All-Star Fan XI depends on it.
Tune in to the 2014 AT&T MLS All-Star Game on August 6 at 6:30 p.m. PT on ESPN2, UniMás, and in Canada on TSN and RDS