Parking & Directions
Providence Park Transportation & Parking Map
Local Parking Lots (exact locations not on above listed map)
Lot 1: SW 21st Avenue (Volvo lot)
Lot 2: 21st and Morrison (Mazatlan lot)
Instead of parking in neighborhoods near the stadium, the City of Portland encourages Timbers fans to park downtown at SmartPark or one of the many of private parking lots. Consider walking or using TriMet’s express bus between the stadium and major downtown stops.
Parking is also available at the Fox Tower right on the Max line at 805 SW Broadway.
Transit: Season Service
TriMet will be running extra service on game days, but please be patient and be prepared to wait, as each train can only hold about 350 people. Trains will return to regular schedule service approximately one hour after the match. The Kings Hill/SW Salmon MAX Station will be closed starting one hour before the game and reopening 1.5 hours after the game ends. The last eastbound Red Line train to the Airport comes through the Providence Park station at 10:30 pm.
If you’re parking at a lot downtown or coming in on MAX Green Line or Yellow Line, you can catch an express bus to the stadium at SW Morrison & 5th or Morrison & 10th. Express buses will be running frequently 1.5 hours before and after each game. The express bus requires a valid TriMet fare each way.
After the game - catch the bus across the street from the stadium entrance for direct service back downtown to your parking garage or MAX.
TRANSPORTATION ALERT: Sunset MAX Station closure September 3 to 18
Please note that the Sunset Transit Center MAX Station will be closed for approximately 16 days (through September 18) for necessary platform improvements. The closure will affect any passengers planning to use this stop, as a starting or ending station, for the Portland Timbers home games this Sunday, September 7 and Tuesday, September 16.
MAX trains will pass through the station but will not drop off or pick up riders. If you start or finish your MAX trip at any other station, you will ride through Sunset Transit Center as you do now. And bus service on Lines 20, 48, 50, 59 and 62 will remain the same. Additional car and bike parking will also remain open during this time. However, if you usually start or finish your MAX trip at Sunset Transit Center, this temporary closure will affect you.
Here are some alternate options and information on getting to and from Providence Park on September 7 and 16:
- Do not park at Sunset – use other park and rides to catch MAX -- Park and Ride locations.
- Consider using the Line 20 bus.
- Use TriMet’s frequent shuttle bus between Sunset Transit Center and Washington Park or Beaverton Transit Center where you can transfer to and from trains. Please allow for extra travel time.
Plan your new trip in advance at trimet.org.
Bike parking will be located on SW Morrison Street close to the intersection with SW 18th Avenue. The bike parking will be guarded throughout the match by stadium personnel. Bike parking for season ticket holders is sold out. There will be a limited number of spaces available for non season ticket holders.
Additional Transportation Recommendations
COME EARLY, STAY LATE: Great shopping, eating and entertainment opportunities surround Providence Park. Local bars and restaurants welcome Timbers fans before, during and after games to enjoy all that Northwest and Goose Hollow have to offer. Plus, TriMet is expecting crowded trains and buses so any help to ease the pre- and post-game rush to board transit is much appreciated. Information on game day transit is available here.
DRIVERS SHOULD PLAN AHEAD, BE CAUTIOUS -- Streets and sidewalks are expected to be crowded on game days near Providence Park. Fans choosing to drive should be safe by following signs and police direction, driving slow and being patient. To save time and avoid traffic congestion, make a plan before leaving home or work for where you will park downtown and whether you can use TriMet’s express bus or walk to the game. Please note that SW 18th Avenue will be closed to the general public between W Burnside Street and SW Taylor Street and SW Morrison Street will be limited to westbound, local traffic only between SW 19th and SW 21st Avenue.
More information is available at www.portlandonline.com/transportation/timbers.
Providence Park is located at 1844 SW Morrison in downtown Portland, bordering the Northwest and Southwest districts of the city between 20th and 18th Avenues on Morrison Street. Providence Park is conveniently located just off I-405.
Directions from South
- Travel I-5 NORTH to I-405 exit 299B toward City Center/US-26 West/Beaverton
- Merge onto I-405 North via exit 1A
- Take Providence Park/Salmon St. exit 2A
- Turn slight RIGHT onto SW 14th Ave.
- Turn LEFT onto SW Taylor St.
- Turn RIGHT onto SW 18th Ave.
- Turn LEFT onto SW Morrison St. to stadium
Directions from North
- Travel I-5 SOUTH to I-405 exit 302B toward Beaverton/US-30 West
- Merge onto I-405 SOUTH exit 302B to Couch St. exit 2A
- Take exit 2A to Burnside
- Proceed STRAIGHT to 15th Ave.
- Turn RIGHT on Morrison St. to the stadium
Directions from East
- Travel I-84W
- Take the I-5 S exit on the LEFT toward SALEM/BEAVERTON
- Take the exit toward CITY CENTER/MORRISON ST.
- Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto MORRISON BRIDGE
- Stay STRAIGHT to go onto ramp
- Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto SW WASHINGTON ST.
- Turn LEFT onto SW 13th AVE.
- Turn RIGHT onto SW MORRISON ST.
- End at 1844 SW Morrison St.
Directions from West
- Travel US-26E
- Take Canyon Rd. exit toward Providence Park. Merge onto SW Jefferson St.
- Turn LEFT at SW 20th Ave to stadium