Portland Timbers vs. Seattle Sounders | Apr. 5, 2014, 12:00pm PT | NBCSN
The Portland Timbers open begin their quest for the Cascadia Cup today as they host the Seattle Sounders at Providence Park at 12:00pm PT, presented by Providence Health & Services. Today's nationally broadcast game can be found on the NBC Sports Network (in Portland on 32 and 732 on Comcast, 220 on DirecTV, 159 on Dish Network and 90 and 590 on Frontier Fios) with John Strong and Kyle Martino on the call. Radio coverage can be found with a free online audio stream on 750 The Game with Keith Blyer and Ross Smith.
The Timbers will be wearing their Primary Green kits this evening.
Providence Park Notes
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle. Learn more about its impact with AC Portland and in the community.
- Visit Big-Ass Sandwiches in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).
- Read about the numerous new Oregon-based menu items at Providence Park.
- Find the free Timbers Photobooth and get your picture taken for free at the game.
- Info on water policy can also be found on The Backcut blog.
- E-cycle your old mobile phone.
- Sign up for Timbers Match Text Alerts. Text "ALERT" to 27299 to join. Match day alerts will send you notifications for goals, cards & more for instant updates on the match.
1. Get To The Stadium
2. Buy Tickets
3. Choose Your Entrance - KeyBank Club seats open two hours prior to kickoff. Gate 3 (Timbers Army Gate) opens two hours prior to kickoff for people with wristbands (see below) and then 90 minutes prior without wristbands along with Gates 1, 2, 4, & 5 - SEE SPECIAL ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR GATE 3 BELOW
4. Find Your Seat
5. Enjoy The Match
6. After The Match
Also read our guides on TriMet, Parking, and Guest Guide.
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution. For more details, please visit the Timbers Army Gate Wristband FAQ.
View photos from the match, comment on articles, and get exclusive content.
KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT MATCHDAY PREVIEW: Timbers kickoff MLS season against the Union
READ: MLS Disciplinary Committee rescinds red card to Harrington
READ: Quick Strikes: Five numbers to know for #PORvSEA
READ: #CascadiaFlashback on Instagram: Near 40 years of Timbers-Sounders history
WATCH: Caleb Porter, Andrew Weber & Will Johnson preview Seattle
WATCH: Porter talks about team's focus on three points
WATCH: Players talk about playing in the Cascadia rivalry
SEA: Sounders looking for redemption
SEA: Anibaba ready to step up for Seattle
SEA: Dempsey's return from USMNT gives Sounders tactical options
Join the on Twitter with #RCTID