“She Flies With Her Own Wings Pinterest Contest” PROMOTION RULES
“She Flies With Her Own Wings Pinterest Contest” PROMOTION RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Portland Thorns “She Flies With Her Own Wings Pinterest Contest” Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the State of Oregon who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and who live within a seventy-five (75) mile radius from the City of Portland and with its own Contest Entry Periods indicated below. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Portland Thorns FC (“Thorns FC”), Major League Soccer, L.L.C. (“MLS”) and Soccer United Marketing, LLC (“SUM”, together with MLS and Sponsor, the “MLS Entities”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion are not eligible to participate or win a prize. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Promotion Period will begin on Thursday June 13, 2013 and ends Sunday June 23, 2013 (“Promotion Period”).
During the Contest Entry Period, there is one (1) way to enter via Pinterest. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per person, per Pinterest account and per household. Entrants must enter during the Contest Entry Period in order to be eligible for a prize for the Contest. Multiple entries received from any person or Pinterest account or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Log onto your Pinterest account. Entrants can open a Pinterest account for free by registering with http://pinterest.com/. See Section 3 of the Official Rules for further details. Repin the official Thorns FC “She Flies With Her Own Wings Pinterest Contest” contest image to Pinterest in addition to pinning three (3) different images that embody the logo using the hashtag #SheFliesWithHerOwnWings and include a brief description of your pin. Once complete, entrant must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the URL to their contest board during the Contest Entry Period. If you choose to enter via Pinterest using your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. Images must be in digital format. Only entries received via Pinterest will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Promotion. By submitting your completed entry as directed, you will receive one (1) entry in the Promotion.
All entries including photos become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. You must have the permission of any person that appears or is identified in your entry, however only the primary entrant is eligible to win a prize. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant who submitted a potentially winning entry, Sponsor reserves the right to deem that the entry was submitted by the Pinterest accountholder at the time of entry.
By entering, you represent and agree that you have acquired permissions from individuals included in any submitted photo for entry to the Promotion subject to the terms of these Official Rules. There must not be any proprietary background containing artwork or recognizable commercial logos, or any inappropriate or offensive materials in the entry. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, garbled, late, damaged, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. By entering, you agree that the photos and any other portion of the entry may be used in promotions and advertisements for Sponsor.
By entering the Promotion, entrant grants Sponsor the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, edit (including for length) and otherwise exploit the photo (and any portion thereof) and any other portion of the entry and to incorporate it in other works in any and all markets and media now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor and that Sponsor’s reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of their entries, or any portions thereof will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, defamation, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. Any entry containing material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, or racially or morally offensive or that does not comply with these Official Rules or meet Sponsor’ standards for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be rejected as ineligible for consideration. Entries must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the entry.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Pinterest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion shall be directed to Sponsor or the other MLS Entities and not to Pinterest.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The potential winner(s) of the Contest (each “Contest Winner” and collectively, the “Contest Winners”) will be selected by a panel of three (3) judges. Three (3) entries will be selected during the Contest Entry Period and will receive prize packs. Details of each Prize pack is outlined in section 4. Contest Winners will be notified on Tuesday June 25, 2013. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per person, family and per household, per Contest.
4. PRIZES: Three (3) Prize Packs Will Be Awarded.
The first place prize Contest winner will receive: (i) one (1) autographed Portland Thorns FC team jersey, (ii) two (2) Portland Thorns FC tickets to a mutually agreed upon regular-season match, (iii) two (2) autograph vouchers for match, (iv) Pinterest board entry images displayed on JELD-WEN FIELD video wall during the match, and (v) Pinterest board entry images displayed on the Portland Timbers Pinterest page. The second and third prize Contest winner will receive: (i) two (2) Portland Thorns FC tickets per Contest winner to mutually agreed upon regular-season match. The Prize Winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian.
Each Contest Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes).
All costs and expenses associated with any Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of each Contest Winner. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole and absolute discretion.
5. NOTIFICATION: Each potential Contest Winner will be notified via direct message through their Pinterest account (in the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or the applicable MLS Entity, as applicable) by the Sponsor. In the event that any potential Contest Winner does not respond to any such notification within three (3) days of date of issuance, a disqualification will result, Prize will be forfeited, and at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential Contest Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. Each potential Contest Winner may be required to submit his/her valid social security number (if applicable) and/or other identification to Sponsor and will be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and, unless prohibited by law, Release of Publicity, within five (5) days of date of issuance. A disqualification will result, Prize will be forfeited, and at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential Contest Winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries if all required documents are not properly executed and returned within the specified period of time. Refusal or return of such documents as non-deliverable or potential Contest Winner’s noncompliance with these Official Rules will also result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential Contest Winner to be selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, the other MLS Entities, Pinterest, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Promotion or from the receipt or use of any Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize. Each Contest Winner, by acceptance of Prize, grants to Sponsor, the other MLS Entities and each of their respective designees the right to publicize such Contest Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and Prize information in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, undelivered, inaccurate, postage-due or garbled entries, e-mail or mail. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Promotion-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Soccer game, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the website.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Promotion is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, the other MLS Entities and/or their respective agents. Sponsor and the other MLS Entities shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Promotion, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. All disputes will be resolved under applicable U.S. laws in the County of New York, state of New York without giving effect to choice of law or conflicted law principles (whether of the state of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The Sponsor and the other MLS Entities, as applicable, reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Promotion for any reason, including should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the Contest Winners and award the Prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND MLS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND SPONSOR AND THE OTHER MLS ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All entries must include a valid username for the entrant. In case of multiple entries received from any person or Pinterest account or household, only the first entry received from such person, Pinterest account or household will be considered. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Contest Winner based on an Pinterest account, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Pinterest account at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the Pinterest account by Pinterest. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of Contest Winners available after June 25, 2013 mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Portland Thorns FC “She Flies With Her Own Wings Pinterest Contest” Contest Winners’ List at 1844 SW Morrison, Portland, OR, 97205. Portland Thorns FC “She Flies With Her Own Wings Pinterest Contest” Contest Winners’ List requests must be received by June 25, 2013.
9. SPONSOR: The Sponsors of this Promotion are Peregrine Sports LLC d/b/a Portland Thorns FC at 1844 SW Morrison, Portland, OR 97205