Soccer In Oregon Contest Rules
“SOCCER IN OREGON” CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Portland Timbers “Soccer in Oregon” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the State of Oregon who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry and who live within a seventy‐five (75) mile radius from the City of Portland. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of Portland Timbers (“Sponsor”), Major League Soccer, L.L.C. (“MLS”) and Soccer United Marketing, LLC (“SUM” and together with MLS and Sponsor, the “MLS Entities”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest are not eligible to participate or win a prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest begins at 9 a.m. on Monday, October 1 and ends at 5 p.m. on Friday, October 19 (“Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, there is one (1) way to enter via Instagram. No other method of entry will be accepted. Limit one (1) entry per person, per Instagram account and per household. Multiple entries received from any person or Instagram account or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Log onto your Instagram account or download the Instagram application for iPhone or Android available via Apple App Store and Google Play, respectively. Entrants can open an Instagram account for free by registering with http://instagr.am. Take a photo that best represents “Soccer in Oregon.” See Section 3 of the Official Rules for further details. Upload one (1) original photo to Instagram using the hashtag #soccerinoregon. If you choose to enter via Instagram using your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. All eligible entries will be posted on the Portland Timbers Pinterest page for an online vote. Images must be in digital format. Only entries received via Instagram will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest. All digital files must be 5 megabytes or smaller in JPEG or JPG format. The image need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. By submitting your completed entry as directed, you will receive one (1) entry in the Contest.
All entries including photos become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. You must have the permission of any person that appears or is identified in your entry, however only the primary entrant is eligible to win a prize. The entry must be original, truthful, unpublished, and created solely by the submitting entrant. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant who submitted a potentially winning entry, Sponsor reserves the right to deem that the entry was submitted by the Instagram accountholder at the time of entry.
By entering, you represent and agree that you have acquired permissions from individuals included in any submitted photo for entry to the Contest subject to the terms of these Official Rules. There must not be any proprietary background containing artwork or recognizable commercial logos, or any inappropriate or offensive materials in the entry. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, garbled, late,
damaged, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. By entering, you agree that the photos and any other portion of the entry may be used in promotions and advertisements for Sponsor.
By entering the Contest, entrant grants Sponsor the non‐exclusive, royalty‐free, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, edit (including for length) and otherwise exploit the photo (and any portion thereof) and any other portion of the entry and to incorporate it in other works in any and all markets and media now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor and that Sponsor’s reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of their entries, or any portions thereof will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, defamation, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. Any entry containing material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, or racially or morally offensive or that does not comply with these Official Rules or meet Sponsor’ standards for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be rejected as ineligible for consideration. Entries must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the entry.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Pinterest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest shall be directed to Sponsor or the other MLS Entities and not to Instagram or Pinterest.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The potential winner(s) of the Contest (each a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) will be selected by online vote. The general public will have from 10 a.m. on Monday, October 15 until 5 p.m. on Friday, October 19 (“Voting Period”) to vote for their favorite entry which will be posted online on the Portland Timbers board on Pinterest based on the following judging criteria: creativity as it relates to the Contest’s theme (50%) and most exemplifying Soccer in Oregon (50%). The entry receiving the most repins during the Voting Period will be named the Grand Prize Winner. The next‐highest recipients of repins will be named the Second Place Winner, Third Place Winner, Fourth Place Winner and Fifth Place Winner, respectively. In the event of a tie, Sponsor will determine the Winner(s) based on the criteria listed herein. The Grand Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize, Fourth Prize and Fifth Prize Winners will be notified on or about Saturday, October 20. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) prize per person, family and per household.
4. PRIZES: 5 Prizes Are Available To Be Awarded.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive: (i) one (1) autographed Portland Timbers team jersey, (ii) two (2) tickets (for use by Winner and one (1) guest) to the final 2012 Portland Timbers first team match at JELD‐WEN Field in Portland, Oregon, (iii) one (1) media pass to photograph the final 2012 Portland Timbers first team match taking place at JELD‐WEN Field in Portland, Oregon and (iv) a framed picture
of his/her submitted photo. (Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize (“ARV”): $500.00). The Grand Prize Winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian. Transportation to/from JELD‐WEN Field is not included and is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
The Second Place, Third Place, Fourth Place and Fifth Place Winners will each receive a Portland Timbers scarf and a framed picture of their submitted photo. (Approximate Retail Value of each Prize (“ARV”): $50.00). Each Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes).
All costs and expenses associated with any Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging accommodations, any transportation costs, luggage fees, meals, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting applicable Prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Total ARV of all Prizes: $700.00. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner’s guests must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence, unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian or “unless the child or legal ward of Winner”.
The Prizes are non‐transferable and non‐assignable with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole and absolute discretion. Major League Soccer game, event, and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of Major League Soccer and/or the applicable Major League Soccer team, as applicable, and may be subject to change. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as Prizes will govern in the event a legal game, event or exhibition, as defined by Major League Soccer, is not played due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable stadium regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and the applicable MLS Entities reserve the right to remove or deny entry to Winner and/or his/her guest(s) who engage(s) in a non‐sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any game, event or exhibition. Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Soccer game, event or exhibition.
5. NOTIFICATION: Each potential Winner will be notified via direct message through their Instagram account (in the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or the applicable MLS Entity, as applicable) by the Sponsor. In the event that any potential Winner does not respond to any such notification within three (3) days of date of issuance, a disqualification will result, Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. Each potential Winner may be required to submit his/her valid social security number (if applicable) and/or other identification to Sponsor and will be required to execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and, unless prohibited by law, Release of Publicity, within five (5) days of date of issuance. A disqualification will result, Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential Winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries if all required documents are not properly executed and returned within the specified period of time. Refusal or return of such documents as non‐deliverable or potential Winner’s noncompliance with these Official Rules will also result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential Winner to be selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, the other MLS Entities, Instagram, Pinterest, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Contest or from the receipt or use of any Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize. Each Winner, by acceptance of Prize, grants to Sponsor, the other MLS Entities and each of their respective designees the right to publicize such Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and Prize information in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, undelivered, inaccurate, postage‐due or garbled entries, e‐mail or mail. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Contest‐related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Soccer game, event or exhibition. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, the other MLS Entities and/or their respective agents. Sponsor and the other MLS Entities shall have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. All disputes will be resolved under applicable U.S. laws in the County of New York, state of New York without giving effect to choice of law or conflicted law principles (whether of the state of New York, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the
application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The Sponsor and the other MLS Entities, as applicable, reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason, including should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the Winners and award the Prizes by way of random drawing from among all non‐suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND MLS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND SPONSOR AND THE OTHER MLS ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All entries must include a valid username for the entrant. In case of multiple entries received from any person or Instagram account or household, only the first entry received from such person, Instagram account or household will be considered. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Winner based on an Instagram account, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Instagram account at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the Instagram account by Instagram. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of Winners available after October 19, 2012 mail a self‐addressed stamped envelope to: Portland Timbers “Soccer in Oregon” Winners’ List at 1844 SW Morrison, Portland, OR, 97205. Portland Timbers “Soccer in Oregon” Winners’ List requests must be received by October 31, 2012.
9. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Peregrine Sports LLC d/b/a Portland Timbers at 1844 SW Morrison, Portland, OR 97205.