The Portland Timbers, in partnership with Meridian have created a free mobile app that is available through both Apple’s App Store and the Android Market. The custom app provides turn-by-turn directions and other location-based services throughout Providence Park, as well as a host of other interactive features.
Special Note: Once you download the Meridian app, multiple entries will be featured as a location; make sure to select "Portland Timbers" as a location under the tab "Nearby" to access the Timbers app.
Once downloaded for free, the app will allow Portland Timbers supporters to use their smart phones to:
- Navigate Providence Park with turn-by-turn directions between entrances, their seat section, concessions, restrooms and more
- Buy tickets, merchandise and other e-commerce options.
- Access fun tools specifically tailored to supporter feedback such as chant lyrics, Twitter feeds, and a soundboard. (For iPhone 4 users, the soundboard will even replicate axe and chainsaw sounds with one’s arm movements.)
- Receive concessions and public transportation information and directions
- View maps of the stadium and surrounding areas
- Look up information on matches and players
Headquartered in Portland, Ore., Meridian is a mobile software supplier of location-based services. Meridian's flagship product is the first mobile phone app platform that engages users with turn-by-turn directions and other location-based services wherever they are in participating locations. You can learn more about Meridian at http://www.meridianapps.com.