Playing in the club's first ever match in Mexico, the Portland Timbers fell to Club América, 3-1 (4-2 on aggregate), on Wednesday night at Estadio Azteca to be eliminated from the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League. Here are three key #StatMan takeaways from the match.
200 Diego Valeri scored his 98th goal in a competitive match for the Timbers with his penalty kick goal. Valeri now has 200 combined goals and assists in all competitions for Portland.
4 Making the start in place of the suspended Dario Zapuric, defender Bill Tuiloma led the Timbers with four tackles. Tuiloma also led Portland in clearances (seven) and blocks (two).
90 Diego and Yimmi Chara combined to complete 79 of 88 attempted passes in the match, good for a 90 percent completion percentage.
Complete coverage — Timbers' night at Estadio Azteca:
- RECAP | Timbers lose in Mexico, eliminated in CCL quarterfinals
- HIGHLIGHTS | Valeri scores, Timbers fall at Club América
- POSTGAME, Savarese: "Now we have to continue to work"
- POSTGAME, Williamson: "Ultimately, we weren't sharp enough."
- FARLEY | Timbers left with frustrations, lessons after CCL ouster
- GALLERY | Champions League in the rain at Azteca
- #StatMan Three | Valeri reaches 200 combined goals, assists