Dairon Asprilla and Cristhian Paredes were the goalscorers as the Portland Timbers defeated Houston Dynamo FC, 2-1, in the club's MLS home opener on Saturday night. Here are three key #StatMan takeaways from #PORvHOU.
6 With the start, Blake Bodily made his regular season debut in the win. Bodily notched an assist just six minutes into the match, which is the quickest a Timbers player has ever had an assist or scored a goal into their Portland career.
2019 Both Asprilla and Paredes notched their first goals since the 2019 season. The last time either player had scored for the club in MLS was Asprilla's goal in the 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs.
735 Making the start due to an injury to Steve Clark, Jeff Attinella made three saves in the win. It was the first victory for Attinella as a starter since a 3-1 victory at the Columbus Crew on April 20, 2019, a span of 735 days.
Everything Timbers.com on Portland's win over Houston:
- RECAP | Timbers take home opener, down Houston
- HIGHLIGHTS | Asprilla, Paredes score in Timbers win
- POSTGAME | Savarese: "I was very proud of the performance today"
- WATCH | Paredes discusses late game-winner, downing Houston
- WATCH | Bodily: "It's something I've dreamed of"
- FARLEY | Tight stretch off to strong start as depth steps up
- Night in pictures | Under the lights for Portland's MLS home opener