The Portland Timbers return home Friday to host the New York Red Bulls for a 7:00pm PT matchup at Providence Park, presented by FLIR.
FS1 will broadcast the game with John Strong (play-by-play), Alexi Lalas (analyst), Katie Witham (sideline reporter) on the call. FS1 can be seen in Portland on channels 723 on Comcast, 219 on DirecTV, 150 on Dish Network and 583 on Frontier Fios. Check local listings for further details.
Jake Zivin, Ross Smith and Fletcher Johnson will provide the radio call on 102.9 FM and 750 AM The Game, featuring a free online audio webstream available via www.1029thegame.com.
The Timbers will be wearing their primary Green & Gold kits for this match.
- MATCHDAY PREVIEW: Timbers vs. New York Red Bulls
- READ: Quick Strikes: Diego Valeri joins unique company with 50 career goals and 50 career assists
- WATCH: David Guzmán on New York | Timbers Training
- WATCH: Roy Miller set to face his former team | Timbers Training
- WATCH: Caleb Porter on Red Bulls, solar eclipse and more
- WATCH: Rose City Road Trip
- READ: A Draw in Cascadia | Forbes names Timbers and Seattle supporters in tie for best MLS fans
- READ: Rose City Road Trip 2017 Journal | Players visit Oregon Coast for community outreach, youth soccer clinic and more
- READ: MLS to allow fourth substitution in extra time of 2017 postseason matches
- NY: New York Red Bulls are on to the Open Cup final
- NY: Red Bulls face quick turnaround in Portland
- PLAY: Training Ground: Timbers eGames - Volley
- DOWNLOAD: NEW emojis in Two-Stick: Timbers Messenger App
Providence Park Notes
All guests entering Providence Park will be subject to new enhanced security screening procedures, including metal detector screening prior to admittance to all Thorns & Portland Timbers matches.
With security policies in place, we encourage all fans to arrive extra early for matches to minimize wait times and potential delays entering Providence Park.
This enhanced screening includes walkthrough metal detectors (magnetometers), and a recently implemented bag size policy (bags larger than 14” x 14” x 6” are not be allowed into Providence Park). Providence Park does not offer storage of prohibited items or oversized bags for guests, so everyone is encouraged to familiarize themselves with the new policies.
Guests with special medical and dietary needs will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis with respect and minimal inconvenience.
All five gates at Providence Park have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle.
- Visit Boke Dokie in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).
- Come to the stadium via Uber? Have an Uber driver who knocked it out of the park? Send them to a Timbers game. Learn how: www.uber.com/info/all-stars.
1. Get To The Stadium
2. Buy Tickets
3. Choose Your Entrance - KeyBank Club seats open two hours prior to kickoff. Gate 3 (Timbers Army Gate) opens two hours prior to kickoff for people with wristbands (see below) and then 90 minutes prior without wristbands along with Gates 1, 2, 4, & 5 - SEE SPECIAL ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR GATE 3 BELOW
4. Find Your Seat
5. Enjoy The Match
6. After The Match
Also read our guides on TriMet, Parking, and Guest Guide.
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution. For more details, please visit the Timbers Army Gate Wristband FAQ.