Portland Thorns FC defender Katherine Reynolds sat down with ThornsFC.com to answer the big questions, like which players would be on her personal Mount Rushmore? She answers that question and more in this installment of Five Questions.
1. Thorns FC defender Katherine Reynolds says it’s a dream come true to play in front of the Rose City Riveters every home game.
“It actually is a dream come true. It doesn’t compare to any other team I’ve ever been on. I’ve had good experiences on other teams I’ve been on, but here is just unreal during the national anthem – I get so excited to see all the fans. It just really pumps me up to play. Not only do you want to play for your team and the coaching staff, but you always want to win for the fans, too.”
2. Reynolds would have a group of former U.S. Women’s National Team player on her Mount Rushmore of favorite players.
“I’d have Michelle Akers, Tiffeny Milbrett, Mia Hamm, and Brandi Chastain up there.”
3. When Reynolds is relaxing at home, she’s often watching a classic teenage drama.
“I’m re-watching ‘The O.C.’. It was on the air during my high school days. It’s really bringing me back.”
4. Reynolds would like to visit New Zealand when she gets the chance.
“It just looks so beautiful. It’s really picturesque and has amazing outdoor scenery with the lakes and mountains. There are a lot of cool things to explore there.”
5. After living in Portland for over a year, Reynolds has picked out some of her favorite places to eat in the Rose City.
“My favorite place for brunch is probably Besaw’s. I recently went to this restaurant for dinner called Ave Gene’s, which was really good. Of course, I love Salt & Straw. For lunch, I go to Elephants Delicatessen all the time.”