The Portland Timbers, Thorns FC and T2 are proud to “Stand Together.” Through the organization’s community outreach platform, we are committed to helping make a difference in our community by supporting local organizations that have a targeted impact on youth and their families.
During the 2017 season, through our Scarf-of-the-Month program, we are celebrating the values of unity, inclusiveness, and equality. Each of the eight unique monthly designs feature a separate theme targeting an important cause, with a portion of the proceeds from that scarf supporting a local nonprofit organization.
Want to get involved? Below, please find a list of great organizations that support each of these eight great causes; we are sure that they would appreciate your time or talent. We encourage you to participate -- volunteer, join, become members, meet new people, learn, share, begin discussions, reach out to neighbors, donate, become a mentor or read to kids – even the smallest act helps.
Thank you for your dedication to Stand Together and for helping to strengthen our community. Look for these unique scarves in the adidas Timbers Team Store at Providence Park.
OCTOBER: Access to Play, with a focus on bringing soccer to under-served communities, via the Fields For All program - AVAILABLE NOW IN-STORE and ONLINE
- Fields For All: Fields For All identifies 'recreation deserts' – that is, communities under-served by recreational activities for kids – and fills them with safe, healthy and high quality playing surfaces.
- Playworks PNW
- Harper’s Playground: Harper’s Playground helps build inclusive playgrounds.
- Active Children Portland: Active Children Portland keeps children active in their club, classroom and community.
SEPTEMBER: Education supporting All Hands Raised
- All Hands Raised: Partnering with six local school districts, AHR aligns the community’s efforts to make positive change for children, youth and young adults.
- Six Partner Districts are: Centennial, Reynolds, Gresham-Barlow, Parkrose, PPS, and David Douglas
- Beaverton Education Foundation: The Beaverton Education Foundation funds academic enrichment programs for all students at the 51 public schools in Beaverton.
Check out past Scarves of the Month below:
World Refugee Day is June 20, and the Portland World Cup Soccer is July 22.
- Parks for New Portlanders: PNP is a program initiated by Portland Parks & Recreation with the goal of providing recreation opportunities for immigrant and refugee communities. Volunteer at the Portland World Cup Soccer program on July 22 at Delta Park.
- IRCO: The Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO) serves the holistic needs of immigrants, refugees, and mainstream community members in Oregon and SW Washington.
- Mercy Corps
- 4 Worlds United Soccer Alliance: 4WU works to bridge the gap between first and fourth world children by bringing them together on the soccer field.
Women’s Equality Day is August 26 and International Day of the Girl is October 11.
- Women’s Foundation of Oregon:
- Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest: Girls Inc. is a Stand Together Community Partner inspiring girls to be strong, smart and bold.
- Girls on the Run: GOTR inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
June: LGBT Equality supporting Basic Rights OR (Sold Out)
June is Pride Month
- Basic Rights Oregon: BRO advocates for our LGBTQ communities.
- Q Center: A center for sharing and building community.
Check out past Scarves of the Month below:
May: Freedom of Speech supporting the ACLU of Oregon (Sold Out)
- ACLU of Oregon: The Oregon Affiliate of the ACLU is a nonpartisan organization dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of civil liberties and civil rights.
Past Scarves and organizations
April: Environmental Awareness supporting Nature Conservancy of OR (Sold Out)
The April scarf is a Team Store exclusive. (limited quantities remain)
- Nature Conservancy of Oregon
- SOLVE: SOLVE is a state-wide non-profit organization that takes action every day to keep Oregon clean and green.
- Friends of Trees: FOT is a Stand Together Community Partner.
- Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership
- Freshwater Trust
- Willamette Riverkeeper
- Forest Park Conservancy
March: Stand Together “Unity. Love. Football” (Very Limited Quantity Left)
Participate in our sixth annual celebration of Stand Together Week with 30+ projects benefitting 26+ different nonprofit organizations June 4-10, 2017.
- Hands On Greater Portland: Hands On Greater Portland is a program of United Way of the Columbia-Willamette. They work with a variety of important organizations and causes to source volunteers.