The Portland Timbers open their tenth season in Major League Soccer Sunday afternoon when they host Minnesota United FC in their 2020 season opener at Providence Park, presented by Providence Health & Services. Kickoff is 4:30pm PT on FS1.
FS1 is broadcasting the game with Jake Zivin (play-by-play), Maurice Edu (soccer analyst) and Marisa Pilla (sideline reporter) on the call. FS1 can be seen in Portland on channels 723 on Comcast, 219 on DirecTV, 150 on Dish Network and 583 on Frontier Fios. Check your local listings for further details.
Keith Bleyer (play-by-play) and Nat Borchers (analyst) will provide the radio call on 750 The Game with a free audio webstream available online.
- QUICK STRIKES: Chara brothers poised to become 15th pair of brothers to play together in MLS
- KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT: Timbers open 2020 season against Minnesota
- READ: Heritage Series: The night in 2011 when Timbers soccer exploded on the MLS scene
- READ: Citizens of the Republic: Greg Rucka and Matt Fraction
- WATCH: 10 seasons of kits...Forever Green and Gold
- WATCH: Clark: "We're certainly hungry and ready to go"
- WATCH: Jake Zivin with #PORvMIN in The Matchup
- WATCH: Merritt Paulson on the state of the Timbers ahead of the 2020 season
- WATCH: From the Archives: Perlaza's 2011 home opener goal
- READ: Timbers sign Ebobisse to contract extension
- READ: Extension for Ebobisse shows mutual commitment
- READ: Timbers sign defender Chris Duvall
- MIN: Pregame quotes from Adrian Heath, players ahead of #PORvMIN
- MIN: Fast Facts for #PORvMIN
The Timbers will be wearing their Green kits for the match.
Providence Park Updates
Getting to Providence Park
The Portland Timbers highly encourage all fans to take public transportation to and from matches, especially during the grand re-opening weekend.
From TriMet routes, to bike parking, or Lyft pick-up and drop-off zones, view a complete list of transportation options HERE.
An additional transportation fact sheet can be viewed HERE.
Find gates, food, beverages, merchandise and get to where you need to with PTFCmap.com. Save it to your home screen on your mobile device for quick reference while in the stadium to find all stadium amenities and info.
What's new at Providence Park in 2020
New gate times, concessions and more.
All gates at Providence Park have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
Biking & Ride Share on Matchday
Providence Park offers bike parking for all Timbers matches.
Stand Together 50/50 Raffle
Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle benefitting Special Olympics Oregon and Stand Together's Fields for All initiative.
Timbers Army Gate E & Wristband FAQ for 2020 Season
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate E for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. Wristbands are not handed out for Concacaf Champions League, Leagues Cup or U.S. Open Cup matches.
2020 Timbers Army Wristband Policies*
- Timbers Army Early Entry via Gate E will be at 90 minutes, while all other public gates (B, C, D and F) will be at 75 minutes.
- We will evaluate rivalry and other matches and may extend the ingress and early entry for for those matches.
- The wristband line will form southbound from Gate C on SW 18th Avenue.
- Those with Timbers Army tickets may continue to line up 24 hours before the announced kick for wristbands.
- Tents and other enclosed items designed to shelter more than one person will continue to be prohibited.
- We will continue to stagger the wristband release times, but never prior to 7:00 AM on a matchday.
- Early Entry Wristbands are capped at 500 per match and may increase for Rivalry matches.
*These policies may be amended during the season as needed and several exceptions may be added for rivalry matches or unique scheduling dynamics. When there are events during the day or evening prior to a Timbers match, queuing will not be allowed until after the completion of that event. View full policy here.