STEM sLAB, presented by Daimler Trucks North America, has Timber Joey with a fun experiment of how to make water walk.
For this activity we will use:
- 5 different glasses or jars (same size)
- food coloring (we will use red, yellow, blue)
- paper towels
- line up your 5 glasses
- fill the first, third and fifth jar full of water (about 1-2 inches from the top of the glass). Leave the second and fourth jars empty.
- Add food coloring! Add red food coloring to the first jar, yellow food coloring to the third jar and blue food coloring to the fifth jar.
- Fold a paper towel in half (lengthwise) and then put one end in the empty glass and the other end in the glass with the red food coloring. Repeat this two more times for the remaining glasses.
- Now wait and watch the water fill the empty glasses!