The Portland Timbers close out Group F play in the MLS is Back Tournament Group Stage presented by Heineken Thursday when they face Los Angeles FC at ESPN Wide World of Sports. The match is presented locally by Danner Boots. Kickoff is 7:30pm PT on ESPN2.
On the strength of two wins in two games to open the tournament, the Timbers are on to the knockout rounds. A win or a draw tonight against LAFC will earn the Timbers the top seed in their group they would face FC Cincinnati on July 28. A loss against LAFC would mean Portland would take the second seed in the group and face Seattle Sounders FC on July 27.
Watch the Timbers Pregame presented by Carl's, Jr Saturday. at 4pm PT on Timbers.com as Jake Zivin, Nat Borchers and Ross Smith set the scene for the game.
ESPN2 is broadcasting the Timbers game at 5pm PT with Jon Champion (play-by-play), Taylor Twellman (soccer analyst) and Stefano Fusaro (sideline reporter) on the call. Check your local listings for further details.
Jake Zivin (play-by-play) and Nat Borchers (analyst) will provide the radio call on 750 The Game with a free audio webstream available online.
After the match, be sure to tune in to FOX 12 PLUS KPDX for Timbers Postgame presented by Old Trapper.
- QUICK STRIKES: Key numbers to know for #LAFCvPOR
- KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT: Timbers vs. LAFC in Group F finale
- READ: Farley | Timbers focusing on importance of regular-season points in group play
- READ: Timbers with a hunger after two straight wins, ticket to knockouts
- READ: #Statman Stumpers with #LAFCvPOR trivia
- WATCH: Diego Chara: "I think the team believes in each other"
- WATCH: Williamson on MLSsoccer.com's ExtraTime Radio about his play in the tournament
- WATCH: Farley with a Bubble Life tour from Orlando
- LAFC: LAFC previews the match
Timbers players will be wearing special MLS Unites patches featuring names of people players wish to honor or an inspirational message be it a nurse, doctor or other essential worker on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic, or a person committed to driving positive social change and ending racial injustice through the Black Lives Matter movement, or a person who has been a victim of COVID-19 or police brutality, or any other person the player wishes to honor in this way.
MLS is Back Tournament Details
Major League Soccer returns to play with an all-new tournament with regular season points and a spot in 2021 Concacaf Champions League on the line.