PTFC Camp Program Cancels All Summer Camps
Timbers and Thorns Camp Families,
We hope you are healthy and well!
On behalf of the Timbers Youth Department, we wanted to update each of you on the status of our camp program for the rest of the summer. Due to the number of obstacles and safety issues we are facing in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to cancel the rest of the summer camp program for July and August.
This decision was not taken lightly as our summer program remains one of the most successful programs in MLS, but the safety of our staff and players could not be guaranteed even with the number of steps we were willing to take to make our program work, and safety is always our top priority.
Moving forward, we will be issuing refunds to all registered families. This may take we few weeks to get everyone refunded, but we are working hard to get this done as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we are hopeful we are back to normal next summer with our camp program.
We are currently receiving a high volume of emails at this time, so you are welcome to contact us if you have questions, but please know it may take a few days for us to get back to you.
Thank you for your support, be safe and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Timbers Youth Department
The MLS Portland Timbers and NWSL Portland Thorns FC are proud to offer the number one camp program for soccer players of all skill levels between the ages of 5-18 throughout the state of Oregon and Southwest Washington.
All camp programs have retained the Timbers original TREES program designed to teach young players life values and life skills that are far reaching beyond the soccer field. TEAMWORK, RESPECT, EFFORT, ENVIRONMENT and SPORTSMANSHIP are incorporated into each camp’s curriculum.
The Portland Timbers MLS Soccer Camp Program and Portland Thorns Camp Program will consist of a large variety of camps and programs throughout the year which include:
- Timbers and Thorns Day Camps – all genders - ages 5-13
- Timbers and Thorns Goalkeeper & Striker Camps – all genders - ages 8-18
- Timbers and Thorns Residential Camps – all genders - ages 12-18
- Competitive Training Camps – all genders - ages 10-18
Timbers/Thorns Coaching Staff
- The Timbers/Thorns Soccer Camps feature an outstanding coaching staff, led by top Olympic Development, Regional Training Center, college and club coaches, Timbers Academy, and college players.
- All coaching staff is required to have a United States Soccer Federation (USSF) Coaching License.
- The curriculum for the Timbers/Thorns Soccer Camps is specifically designed by the Timbers coaching staff to challenge players in a friendly, encouraging, and professional environment.
- At the end of every week-long and Residential camp, all Timbers/Thorns Campers, ages 5-9 will receive a Camp Certificate, and players 10+ will receive a Camp Evaluation form - giving them feedback on their play during camp with improvements they can make.
- The Timbers and Thorns soccer program features an incredible 12:1 player-coach ratio, and the program bases all training groups upon skill level and age.
Portland Timbers and Thorns soccer camps are proudly presented by: Alaska Airlines, Allstate, Jersey Mike's Subs, Providence Health & Services, Safeway, and Toyota.
For more information about our camp programs, or to schedule one near you, contact Youth Camps at email@example.com.