Following the announcement by The Oregon Health Authority allowing 25 percent capacity at outdoor live sporting events, the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC announced that Providence Park will host fans for all home matches beginning April 9, when Thorns FC play host to KC NWSL in their first match of the NWSL Challenge Cup. The Timbers will host fans on April 13, when the club plays C.D. Marathón in a Round of 16 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League match.
The maximum capacity for matches under the current plan is 25 percent of the stadium’s official capacity of 25,218. The Thorns FC match on April 9 will be the first live professional sporting event in Oregon with fans since March 10, 2020 and will be among the first with fans on the West Coast.
A complete set of health and safety protocols for events at Providence Park are available throughout this Health and Safety Guidelines section. Safety measures in place include cashless transactions (Apple Pay and Google Pay), mandatory mask wearing, completely digital ticketing, a clear bag policy, online ordering for food, beverage and merchandise, expanded sanitation protocols and spaced pod seating.
LIMITED CAPACITY FAQ
Will water fountains be open?
Will bike parking still be available?
Yes, limited bike racks will still be available along Morrison Street for bike parking. Bike racks will be spaced according to social distancing protocol.
Can I bring a bag into Providence Park?
To minimize congestion at entry, and to reduce contact between guests and staff, Providence Park will be implementing a clear bag policy. Clear bags, sized 12"w x 12"h x 6"d will be available for free at all entry gates for the first two ticketed matches of 2021, while supplies last. Supporters are encouraged to avoid bringing a bag, if feasible.
- Mandatory mask wearing.
- Distanced seating.
- Digital-only tickets and touchless scanning kiosks at entry.
- Food, beverage and merchandise transactions will be entirely cashless.
- A clear bag policy has been implemented to avoid ingress congestion.
- All guest areas will be sanitized 24 hours prior to every home match, in accordance with approved CDC methods and products.
- All high touch/traffic areas, such as restrooms, will be cleaned frequently throughout the match by a designated sanitation team and additional hand sanitizers have been installed throughout the stadium.
- Guest services staff have been trained in COVID-19 protocols, will be masked and have undergone a health screen prior to working a match.
|Previous page||All sections||Next page|
Main | General | Entry, Exit & Venue Access | Ticketing & Seating | Cleaning/Sanitation | Mask | Food & Beverage | Cashless Transactions | PTFC Authentics/Merchandise | Sunset Porsche Audi Suites | Premium Seating