Learn more about new Portland Timbers goalkeeper Jeff Attinella.
- Originally drafted by Real Salt Lake in 2011, Attinella did not make the team and instead signed with his hometown Tampa Bay Rowdies in the NASL.
- Was an NASL Best XI selection and NASL MVP runner-up for the Rowdies in 2012 racking up 11 shutouts in 32 matches.
- That same season, Attinella helped pave the way to the Soccer Bowl championship for Tampa. In the title game shootout, he saved three penalties to preserve the win over Minnesota Stars FC.
- A Clearwater, Fla. native, Attinella is a big fan of the Tampa Bay Rays, Tampa Bay Lightning and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Growing up, his family had season tickets to all three teams and he still follows them closely.
- Started playing soccer when he was eight years old.
- A graduate of the University of South Florida, Attinella was very excited when the University of Oregon hired former Bulls football head coach Willie Taggert to take over the Ducks program.