For the second straight tournament, Jamaica has made it to the CONCACAF Gold Cup Final. For the sixth time in the last seven years, the U.S. has punched their ticket to the championship. In this 2017 edition, Portland Timbers teammates will face off Wednesday, as Alvas Powell and Darren Mattocks of the Reggae Boyz meet Darlington Nagbeof the U.S. Men's National Team on the pitch at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California (6:30pm PT, FS1).
- MATCHCENTER: U.S. vs. Jamaica
Jamaica will be entering the final as underdogs, but not ones to count out. After an incredible upset of Mexico on Sunday night in the semifinal, the Reggae Boyz have shown they’re not to be intimidated. The U.S., undefeated in the tournament, beat Costa Rica 2-0 on Saturday to advance.
The Yanks have recorded a stretch of three-straight clean sheets preceding Wednesday’s match. After being eliminated by Jamaica in the semifinal of 2015’s edition, a win Wednesday would give the U.S. their sixth Gold Cup title–their second since 2007–while a win for Jamaica would be their first Gold Cup ever.
- ESPNFC: Gold Cup Final tale of the tape
- MLSsoccer.com's Armchair Analyst: A tactical preview of U.S. v. Jamaica
- MLSsoccer.com: U.S. weary of Mattocks, Blake in final
- Goal.com: U.S. marked as favorites but Jamaica could continue Cinderella run