In less than two weeks, the Portland Timbers will take to the pitch for their 2016 regular-season home opener on Sunday, March 6, presented by JELD-WEN Windows and Doors. In a rematch of the 2015 MLS Cup, the Timbers will face Columbus Crew SC; kickoff is set for 1:30 p.m. with a national TV broadcast on ESPN. The match will feature a number of celebratory activities recognizing the Timbers 2015 MLS Cup Championship.
The celebration will include:
- The official 2015 MLS Cup Championship banner unveiling, with the help of Timber Jim and Timber Joey
- A commemorative MLS Cup Championship pennant giveaway for the first 7,500 supporters into Providence Park (at right)
- MLS Cup trophy display and photo opportunity at the match
- A large-scale banner and flag display on the Providence Park pitch pre-game
- As is tradition, the Timbers Army will sing the national anthem
Single-game tickets to the Timbers first nine home matches of the season (through Sunday, June 26) are now on-sale and can be purchased here.