Portland Timbers vs. LA Galaxy | May 11, 2014, 11:30am PT | NBCSN
Happy Mother's Day! The Portland Timbers with an early 11:30am kickoff against the LA Galaxy at Providence Park at 7:30pm PT, presented by adidas. John Strong and Brian Dunseth are on the television call today via NBC Sports Network (in Portland on channels 32 and 732 on Comcast, 220 on DirecTV, 159 on Dish Network and 90 and 590 on Frontier Fios). Radio coverage can be found with a free online audio stream on 750 The Game with Keith Blyer and Ross Smith calling the action.
Carnations will be given out at the gates to all the mothers in attendance and adidas Employee Store passes will be given out at all gates as well.
Stumptown Coffee's new special edition Timbers 1975 Blend will be available tonight at concession stands across the park. Learn more about it here.
The Timbers will be wearing their Retro Third Green kits this evening.
Providence Park Notes
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle. Learn more about its impact with AC Portland and in the community.
- Visit Stumplings in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).
- Read about the numerous new Oregon-based menu items at Providence Park.
- Find the free Timbers Photobooth and get your picture taken for free at the game.
- Info on water policy can also be found on The Backcut blog.
- E-cycle your old mobile phone.
- Sign up for Timbers Match Text Alerts. Text "ALERT" to 27299 to join. Match day alerts will send you notifications for goals, cards & more for instant updates on the match.
1. Get To The Stadium
2. Buy Tickets
3. Choose Your Entrance - KeyBank Club seats open two hours prior to kickoff. Gate 3 (Timbers Army Gate) opens two hours prior to kickoff for people with wristbands (see below) and then 90 minutes prior without wristbands along with Gates 1, 2, 4, & 5 - SEE SPECIAL ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR GATE 3 BELOW
4. Find Your Seat
5. Enjoy The Match
6. After The Match
Also read our guides on TriMet, Parking, and Guest Guide.
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution. For more details, please visit the Timbers Army Gate Wristband FAQ.
View photos from the match, comment on articles, and get exclusive content.
KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT MATCHDAY PREVIEW: Timbers host Galaxy on Mother's Day
READ: Sparkplug Zakuani confident in his game
READ: Quick Strikes: Five numbers to know for #PORvLA
READ: Gastón Fernández wins MLS Goal of the Week
WATCH: Jack Jewsbury, Darlington Nagbe preview the Galaxy
WATCH: Porter has team ready for battle against LA
LA: Donovan looking for good performance ahead of USMNT camp
LA: Opare stepping up for injured Gonzalez
Join the on Twitter with #RCTID