The Portland Timbers duel with Seattle Sounders FC in a nationally televised Cascadia Cup rivalry match Sunday at Providence Park, presented by Providence Health & Services, kicking off at 12:00pm PT.
FOX is broadcasting the game with John Strong and Brad Friedel on the match call. FOX can bee seen locally in Portland on channels 712 on Comcast, 12 on DirecTV and Dish Network and 512 on Frontier Fios. Check your local listings for further details.
John Strong and Ross Smith will provide the radio call on 750 AM/102.9 FM The Game, featuring a free online audio webstream available via 750TheGame.com.
The Timbers will be wearing their Rose City Red kits for this match.
- MATCHCENTER: Lineups
- MATCHCENTER: Timeline
- MATCHCENTER: Stats
- MATCHDAY PREVIEW: Timbers vs. Sounders
- READ: #PORvSEA Quick Strikes with five numbers to know for the match
- READ: MLSsoccer.com looks at 150 years of Portland-Seattle civic rivalry
- READ: Cascadia Cup standings update
- READ: Cut out and build your own Providence Park
- READ: Timbers sign defender Vytautus Andriuškevičius
- WATCH: Porter, Ridgewell and Gleeson talk about facing rival Seattle
- SEA: Sounders previews the Timbers
- SEA: Name 36 players who've played for both Portland and Seattle
- PLAY: Set Piece: A Timbers Video Game
Providence Park Notes
Please allow plenty of time to get to the park as kickoff will be at 12:00pm PT sharp.
All guests entering Providence Park will be subject to new enhanced security screening procedures, including metal detector screening prior to admittance to all Thorns & Portland Timbers matches. The new security measures are being put in place at all MLS soccer venues.
With the new policies in place, we are encouraging all fans to arrive extra early for matches to minimize wait times and potential delays entering Providence Park. Remember, early entry into the stadium for Timbers matches includes concession discounts—courtesy of Simple—of up to 25 percent on all concessions beginning the hour after the first gates open (e.g. between 5:30-6:30 p.m. for a 7:30 p.m. match).
This enhanced screening includes walkthrough metal detectors (magnetometers), and a recently implemented bag size policy (bags larger than 14” x 14” x 6” are not be allowed into Providence Park). Providence Park does not offer storage of prohibited items or oversized bags for guests, so everyone is encouraged to familiarize themselves with the new policies.
Guests with special medical and dietary needs will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis with respect and minimal inconvenience.
All five gates at Providence Park will have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle.
- Visit Pok Pok in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).
1. Get To The Stadium
2. Buy Tickets
3. Choose Your Entrance - KeyBank Club seats open two hours prior to kickoff. Gate 3 (Timbers Army Gate) opens two hours prior to kickoff for people with wristbands (see below) and then 90 minutes prior without wristbands along with Gates 1, 2, 4, & 5 - SEE SPECIAL ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR GATE 3 BELOW
4. Find Your Seat
5. Enjoy The Match
6. After The Match
Also read our guides on TriMet, Parking, and Guest Guide.
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution. For more details, please visit the Timbers Army Gate Wristband FAQ.