Learn more about new Timbers midfielder David Guzmán.
- Guzmán was a member of the Deportivo Saprissa side that faced the Portland Timbers twice in the 2016-17 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League group stage.
- Played for the Costa Rica national team at the 2011 and 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup tournaments as well as the 2011 Copa America.
- Guzmán made his debut for Saprissa at the age of 19.
- He was named Rookie of the Campeonatos de Invierno in the Costa Rican Primera División in 2009.
- Guzmán has often put the name "Niko" on the back of his jersey in honor of his son who was born in 2015.
- While a holding midfielder No. 6-type player, Guzmán has been known to hit the occasional free kick such as this: