The Portland Timbers signed free-agent Chance Myers today. Learn more about this nine-year veteran of MLS:
- Myers was the No. 1 overall selection by the Kansas City Wizards in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft out of UCLA.
- In the 2013 MLS Cup Final decided on penalties, Myers converted his chance helping Sporting Kansas City to a 7-6 win over Real Salt Lake.
- Myers' grandfather played professional baseball for the Atlanta Braves and San Francisco Giants.
- While in Kansas City, Myers was a teammate with now retired midfielder and current Timbers front office staffer Jack Jewsbury.
- Along with his MLS Cup title, Myers won two Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cups with Kansas City–one in 2012 and the other in 2015.