With the Portland Timbers set to open the 2017 MLS regular-season Friday against Minnesota United FC (6:30pm PT | FS1), a host of new food and beverage options are set to kick off at Providence Park.
First up, two new concession locations can be discovered in the stadium:
The Axe and Rose (Near Section 119)
- Similar to its spiritual North End cousin, The Double Post Bar, the new Axe and Rose is a beer mecca with 36 taps on hand.
- 12 draft beers & cider on tap including Widmer Bros. special small batch “Bury Me In Red” (Also available at the Double Post Bar near Section 109)
- Red and White Wine
- Cheese Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza
Gluten No Mas Taqueria (KeyClub Deck)
- As you might expect, everything on this cart is gluten free
- Tinga Chicken Tacos with pickled jalapeno, diced onion, cilantro & cotija.
- Smoked Brisket Tacos with pickled red onion, avocado crème, cilantro & cotija.
- Veggie Tacos with grilled carrot, squash, onion, Napa slaw, avocado, cilantro & cotija.
- Elotés - charred corn on the cob with salted lime mayo, cotija, chili powder & cilantro.
There’s also a host of new items throughout the stadium:
Zenner’s German Sausage on a soft pretzel bun with stone ground mustard kraut, beer onions and Tillamook cheese fondue. (Double Post, Club Concession, Zenner’s Carts)
Elotés - charred corn on the cob with salted lime mayo, cotija, chili powder & cilantro. (Sections 117 & 103)
NW Grass-fed Cheeseburger with Tillamook cheddar, lettuce, tomato, & red onion. (Sections 121, 107, Club Concession)
Crispy Cod Tacos with Napa slaw, chipotle aioli, cotija, cilantro & pickled red onion. (Sections 117 & 103).