The Portland Timbers welcome Atlanta United FC for the first time ever Sunday afternoon at Providence Park with the MLS match kicking off at 1:00pm PT on ESPN.
ESPN will broadcast the game with Steve Cangialosi (play-by-play), Alejandro Moreno (analysis) on the call. ESPN can be seen in Portland on channels 736 on Comcast, 209 on DirecTV, 143 on Dish Network and 574 on Frontier Fios. Check your local listings for further details.
Jake Zivin and Ross Smith will provide the radio call on 102.9 FM The Game, featuring a free online audio webstream available via www.1029thegame.com.
The Timbers will be wearing their Primary Green kits for this match.
- MATCHCENTER: Timeline
- MATCHCENTER: Stats
- MATCHCENTER: Lineups
- MATCHDAY PREVIEW: Timbers vs. Atlanta
- READ: #PORvATL Quick Strikes with five numbers to know for the match
- READ: Guzmán thriving in adjustment to Timbers, MLS
- READ: Ebobisse called up to U.S. U-20s for U-20 World Cup
- READ: Plugged In: Victor Arboleda's favorite app
- READ: Timbers Roots: Jack Barmby loves his Sunday roast
- TIMBERS IN 30: Vytas previews Atlanta
- WATCH: Porter gives updates as team preps for Atlanta
- WATCH: Chara on facing Atlanta for first time: "We need to be focused"
- WATCH: Adi and squad excited to be back at Providence Park
- ATL: Mears praises Parkhurst's leadership
- ATL: Atlanta previews Portland
- DOWNLOAD: NEW emojis in Two-Stick: Timbers Messenger App
Providence Park Notes
All guests entering Providence Park will be subject to new enhanced security screening procedures, including metal detector screening prior to admittance to all Thorns & Portland Timbers matches.
With security policies in place, we encourage all fans to arrive extra early for matches to minimize wait times and potential delays entering Providence Park.
This enhanced screening includes walkthrough metal detectors (magnetometers), and a recently implemented bag size policy (bags larger than 14” x 14” x 6” are not be allowed into Providence Park). Providence Park does not offer storage of prohibited items or oversized bags for guests, so everyone is encouraged to familiarize themselves with the new policies.
Guests with special medical and dietary needs will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis with respect and minimal inconvenience.
All five gates at Providence Park have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle.
- Visit 808 Grinds in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).
1. Get To The Stadium
2. Buy Tickets
3. Choose Your Entrance - KeyBank Club seats open two hours prior to kickoff. Gate 3 (Timbers Army Gate) opens two hours prior to kickoff for people with wristbands (see below) and then 90 minutes prior without wristbands along with Gates 1, 2, 4, & 5 - SEE SPECIAL ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR GATE 3 BELOW
4. Find Your Seat
5. Enjoy The Match
6. After The Match
Also read our guides on TriMet, Parking, and Guest Guide.
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution. For more details, please visit the Timbers Army Gate Wristband FAQ.