The Portland Timbers renew their Cascadia Cup rivalry with Vancouver Whitecaps FC Saturday evening at Providence Park. Kickoff is 8pm PT on ROOT SPORTS.
ROOT SPORTS will broadcast the game with Jake Zivin (play-by-play), Ross Smith (analyst) and Nat Borchers (sideline reporter) on the call. ROOT SPORTS can be seen in Portland on channels 734 on Comcast, 687 on DirecTV, 426 on Dish Network and 576 on Frontier Fios. Check your local listings for further details.
Keith Bleyer (play-by-play) and Joseph Sleven (analyst) will provide the radio call on 102.9 FM The Game, featuring a free online audio webstream available via www.1029thegame.com.
The Timbers will be wearing their White and Green secondary kit.
- KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT: Blanco's back, Valentin's challenge and the need for patience in PORvVAN
- QUICK STRIKES: Mabiala has become Portland's iron man
- KNOW YOUR OPPONENT: Busy stretch forces choices for Vancouver
- CASCADIA CUP STANDINGS: Timbers face Caps for first time in 2018
- READ: Melano returns with fresh expectations
- READ: 2018 realities bring 2015 hero Villafaña back to Rose City
- READ: Timbers acquire $50K in TAM in exchange for Vytas
- WATCH: Savarese weekly press conference looks at Vancouver
- SOCCER MADE IN PDX: Farley and Goldberg talk with AP sports writer Anne Peterson
- WATCH: Samuel Armenteros on the latest Timbers in 30
- VAN: WhitecapsFC.com previews PORvVAN
- VAN: Patience paying off for Beaverton-native Hurtado
- I-5 and I-84 Construction Updates
Providence Park Construction Updates
Providence Park is currently in the midst of an extensive stadium expansion that will add approximately 4,000 new seats and a striking new street-level colonnade along the eastern side of the stadium. As a function of the ongoing construction, access to parts of Providence Park will change or be off-limits for parts of the season.
- The family restrooms on the east concourse will be closed.
- There will be two (2) ADA portable toilets on the east concourse along the temporary stadium fence on 18th Ave.
- Temporary stadium fencing will be in place along 18th Ave.
- The two corners of the eastside concourse will be closed.
- One corner will be closed from section 201 to the Panini concession stand (top of section 98) including the Dutch Bros Plaza area.
- The other corner will be closed from the outer concourse by the Axe concession stand (top of section 96) to Gate 1. There will be a temporary concourse constructed to connect the outer concourse from section 201 to the KeyBank Club Deck.
- The sidewalk and street along SW 18th Ave will be closed to car and pedestrian traffic. All guests will need to use the crosswalks at the corner of SW 18th and SW Taylor and SW 18th and Morrison to get around the enclosure. There will be new locations for the previous east concourse beer/liquor carts and merchandise kiosks (these locations will be subject to change match to match).
GATES/POINTS OF ENTRY
- Gate 1 is closed.
- The new temporary 18th Ave. Gate (near the junction with SW Yamhill St.), along 18th Ave., will be open.
- We encourage all ticket holders to use the gate closest to their seat.
- The former adidas Timbers Team Store formerly located on the Dutch Bros Plaza inside of Gate 2 will be closed.
- The sidewalk and street along SW 18th Ave will be closed to car and pedestrian traffic. All guests will need to use the crosswalk at the corner of SW 18th and SW Taylor, and SW 18th and Morrison to get around the enclosure.
- The Face Painter will be located behind section 122/123, underneath the Gate 5 stairwell.
- The Thorns team store located in the Providence Sports Care Center will remain open during construction, but can only be accessed from inside the Providence Sports Care Center Lobby.
- The Providence Sports Care Center entry will remain open to KeyBank Club ticket holders.
- The Wok Food Cart will be closed.
The Food Cart Alliance will be suspended for the rest of the season; that concession stand will now serve chicken tenders and tots, Green & Gold Kolsch sausage, hot dog, candy, chips, ice cream, soda and draft beer.
The early entry Miller High Life promotion served by section 94 will also be suspended for the rest of the season.
To access the pre-game VIP Party, guests with the proper credentials will need to use the stairs by section 99/98 to get to the field area. For ADA access to this area, please contact your ticket representative.
To access the Modelo Deck, guests with the proper credentials will need to enter the area using the section 101/201 vomitory. For ADA access to this area, please contact your ticket representative.
All gates at Providence Park have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle.
Biking & Ride Share on Matchday
Providence Park offers bike parking for all Timbers matches.
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures and Wristband Policy
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution.
Supporters seeking wristbands will not be allowed to line up more than 24 hours prior to a Timbers match and camping will be prohibited. The line for the wristband distribution will start at the a-frame near the credential booth on the eastern side of the 20th St/Alaska Plaza (roughly across the street from the Verizon store), and queue along Morrison to the east. The total number of wristbands distributed will drop from 1,000 to 600. The distribution window will increase to as much as eight (8) hours before kick-off; the wristband distribution window will now be between 3-8 hours. Ingress will take place with two (2) lines of 300. Wristbands numbered 1-300 will line up to the east and enter first. Wristbands 301-600 will line up to the west of Gate 3. View full policy here.