STEM sLAB, presented by Daimler Trucks North America, has Timber Joey learning how to make a cloud in a jar.
For this activity we will use:
- Wide Mouth glass jar with a lid
- Hot water (Just hot enough to steam)
- Ice Cubes
- To start grab your wide mouth glass jar. Pour your boiling water into the jar. Fill it about 1/3 of the way.
- Now with the help of an adult, light a match and hold it at the top of the jar for a few seconds. After a few seconds drop the match into the jar. Quickly put the lid on the jar. This will trap the smoke particles inside.
- Now grab a few ice cubes and put them on top of the lid of the jar. Pretty soon a cloud will form in the jar.
- Once the cloud is created open the jar and let it out!