Thorns FC vs. North Carolina Courage | NWSL Challenge Cup | July 17, 2020 - 9:30 a.m. PT | CBS All Access
Portland Thorns FC begin the quarterfinals of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup presented by P&G and Secret Friday when they take on the North Carolina Courage at Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah. The match is presented by Toyota. Kickoff for the game is 9:30am PT on CBS All Access.
Following the match, the Thorns Postgame Report presented by Providence Health & Services, will go live with host Ann Schatz and soccer analyst Marian Dougherty to break down the match. Tune in to the Thorns Facebook page or YouTube page approximately 15 minutes after the final whistle.
- READ: Challenge Cup 101 | Everything you need to know about the tournament
- READ: Thorns and Courage face off again: "We know each other so well"
- READ: Thorns draw with Reign in preliminary round finale
- READ: Thorns lack final piece in draw but remain confident for NC
- READ: #Statman Stumpers with trivia on the tournament to date
- WATCH: "We're heading into this game confident"
- WATCH: Hotel life at Challenge Cup
- WATCH: Bixby talks with Ann Schatz on bubble life, ping-pong pros
- READ: Farley | New faces bring added skill, talent to Thorns ahead of tournament
- READ: Thorns announce roster for Challenge Cup
- READ: NWSL announce rules and regulations for Challenge Cup
#Statman's Numbers for #PORvNC
1Access Denied – The Thorns have conceded just once over their last three matches. Portland's one goal conceded in three consecutive matches is tied for fewest goals given up in a three-game stretch since 2017 for the club.
11Saved by the Bella – Having made her Thorns debut at the beginning of the tournament, goalkeeper Bella Bixby has played every minute of Portland's four matches. Bixby has delivered two shutouts and made 11 saves in the tournament, which is the third-most of any goalkeeper.
6Don't Fall Behind – In spite of being the eighth seed in the knockout round, the Thorns have trailed for just six minutes in the entire Challenge Cup. Only the Courage have trailed for a shorter amount of time in the competition.
10Elimination Experience – Friday's match will be the 10th time that the Thorns have taken part in an elimination match in the history of the club. That is the most of any NWSL team with Portland having a record of 5-4 in those matches.
5/3/1Fill the Statsheet– In Portland's last match, defender Kelli Hubly led the Thorns in interceptions (five), tackles (three), and blocks (one). It was just the second time in Hubly's four seasons that the 25-year-old has hit those numbers in a single match.