Thorns FC vs. Houston Dash | NWSL Challenge Cup Semifinals | July 22, 2020 - 9:30 a.m. PT | CBS All Access
With a spot in the championship final on the line, Portland Thorns FC will take on the Houston Dash in the semifinals of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup presented by P&G and Secret on Wednesday morning at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah. The match is presented by 76®. Kickoff for the game is 9:30am PT on CBS All Access.
Following the match, the Thorns Postgame Report presented by Providence Health & Services, will go live with host Ann Schatz and soccer analyst Marian Dougherty to break down the match. Tune in to the Thorns Facebook page or YouTube page approximately 15 minutes after the final whistle.
- READ: Challenge Cup 101 | Everything you need to know about the tournament
- WATCH: Rodríguez, Parsons discuss Dash: "Our group continues to find new ways to grow"
- READ: One-time underdogs Thorns now see pressure shift for semifinals against Dash
- READ: Thorns and Dash trivia ahead of the semifinals
- READ: Thorns knock off Courage in tournament quarterfinals
- READ: Eckerstrom, Thorns cause nightmares for North Carolina
- LISTEN: Morgan Weaver's Matchday Music Playlist
- WATCH: Klingenberg talks with Ann Schatz on team camaraderie, pregame speeches and #HOUvPOR
- READ: Farley | New faces bring added skill, talent to Thorns ahead of tournament
- READ: Thorns announce roster for Challenge Cup
- READ: NWSL announce rules and regulations for Challenge Cup
#Statman's Numbers for #PORvHOU
8Career High – In her debut in the Challenge Cup, goalkeeper Britt Eckerstrom delivered eight saves, along with a shutout. That is the most saves Eckerstrom has ever had for the Thorns and one off of her career-high of nine, which she accomplished in 2016 for the Western New York Flash.
1All by herself – When Morgan Weaver scored her first professional goal against the Courage it was the difference in Portland advancing. It was also the only goal scored in the entire quarterfinals round of the Challenge Cup.
6Win when it counts – Since the club's inaugural season in 2013, the Thorns have won six elimination matches. That is the most of any NWSL team in the history of the league and two more than the combined total of the three other remaining NWSL teams (Chicago, Houston, and Sky Blue) in the Challenge Cup.
3Second half success – All three goals scored by Portland in the competition have come in the second half. Only the vanquished Courage have more goals after halftime in the Challenge Cup than the Thorns.
6Chance creator – No player in the Challenge Cup has created more chances from set pieces than Thorns defender Meghan Klingenberg with six chances created off of set pieces. No other player in the competition has more than four.