Going to drive to the game?
Parking is very limited near the stadium and is also restricted on game days. Instead of parking in neighborhoods near the stadium, the City of Portland encourages Timbers and Thorns fans to park downtown at a SmartPark garage or one of the many nearby parking lots/garages. See below for more parking information.
Did you know?
Providence Park is well served by other travel modes. Take the stress out of game days and walk, bike, or take transit! See detailed information on all of your game day options below.
||Ride Share Pickup/Drop-off Area|
|GOLD AREA||Event District Parking on Timbers Game Days|
|GREEN AREA||Restricted Area Parking on Timbers Game Days|
|PURPLE AREA||Designated Electric Scooter Parking Areas|
Transit: Season Service
View Service to Timbers and Thorns Games
- Masks: Federal law requires wearing a mask on transit that covers your mouth and nose. TriMet has free masks available in dispensers on all of its vehicles, if you need a fresh one. Masks are also required at busy stations and stops.
- On-board limits: TriMet limits the number of riders on board to allow for social distancing. Those limits are posted near the doors. Seats are also marked off to help riders spread out from others.
- Social distancing: Plan extra time and please be respectful of others. If there is not enough room on board to spread out from others by 3 feet, please wait for the next bus or train. Another one should arrive soon.
- Hand sanitizer: All buses and most MAX trains have hand sanitizer available near doors if needed.
- Exiting: Please exit through the backdoor on buses to avoid those boarding at the front. On MAX, please wait for others to exit before boarding.
Taking a Lyft to and from the match? Lyft has designated pick up/drop off locations.
- Corner of SW Alder & 19th
- SW Salmon – in front of Lincoln High School
- SW Morrison & 20th Place
Free bike parking will be located on SW Morrison Street close to the intersection with SW 18th Avenue. The bike parking will be guarded throughout the match by stadium personnel.
Riding an electric scooter to the game? You can park along SW Morrison between SW 18th and 20th Avenue on the north side of the street as well as south side of Morrison between SW 17th and 18th Avenue near the MAX station plaza during matches. These locations are geofenced with scooter partners for where your scooter can be parked. No parking is allowed on the Providence Park sidewalks.
Additional Transportation Recommendations
DRIVERS SHOULD PLAN AHEAD, BE CAUTIOUS -- Streets and sidewalks are expected to be crowded on game days near Providence Park. Fans choosing to drive should be safe by following signs and police direction, driving slow and being patient. To save time and avoid traffic congestion, make a plan before leaving home or work for where you will park downtown and whether you can use TriMet’s express bus or walk to the game.
More information is available at Portland Bureau of Transportation.
Providence Park is located at 1844 SW Morrison in downtown Portland, bordering the Northwest and Southwest districts of the city between 20th and 18th Avenues on Morrison Street. Providence Park is conveniently located just off I-405. MAP IT.