UPDATE: We have paused all team appearances until further notice out of an abundance of caution for the health and well-being of our fans and staff. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Through Stand Together, the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC are committed to being champions on and off the field.
Each season, the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC players, Timber Joey, coaches, and staff make appearances at various community and corporate events. Although the Timbers and Thorns are eager to reach every fan, their availability due to training and travel is limited. If you are interested in having a member of the Timbers or Thorns participate in your event, please carefully review the guidelines and only submit a request if it meets ALL the requirements below. Submissions that do not meet the criteria below will be denied.
- Requests must be received six (6) weeks prior to the event date
- All requests must be submitted via the Player Appearance Proposal form
- Please refer to the Timbers and Thorns schedules prior to submitting your request, as appearances will not be scheduled on the following: game days, day before games, travel days, player "off" days or during training
- Appearance length cannot exceed 90 minutes, including roundtrip travel time from Providence Park to event location
- No appearances before 1:30pm
- Mailed, faxed and/or emailed requests will not be accepted
When considering appearance requests, we adhere to the criteria listed below:
- Clearly defined role or activity for the player
- No activities with risk of injury
- Purpose separate from player's attendance *Requests will only be considered if the player appearance is complimentary to an event, not centered on the player's attendance
Promoting Player Appearances
Use of the Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC name, logos and trademarks and/or any advertising that implies the support or sponsorship of an event or organization by the Portland Timbers, Portland Thorns FC, Portland Timbers Community Fund, or Major League Soccer must be approved in writing by the Portland Timbers or Portland Thorns FC. Before promoting a Timbers/Thorns player appearance, please contact the Community Relations Department for approval. This policy pertains to all forms of advertising, including all print, social media, television, radio promotion and other media promotion.
Once your request has been reviewed internally, you will be contacted by a Community Relations representative and learn the status of your request: declined or accepted. Due to the volume of requests, please allow five (5) weeks for a response.
If your request has been accepted, it has been done so in accordance to the information provided in the Player Appearance Request Form. If changes are made after this time, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate the changes.
The Timbers and Thorns do not make return visits to organizations within a calendar year and an approved appearance does not ensure annual participation by Stand Together.
Our representative's schedules are fluid and ever changing. Please note that some exhibition matches are not scheduled currently and will be added to the calendar as our team's advance. If a game is to be played on your previously scheduled appearance, it will be canceled due to Club policy.
The Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC reserve the right to cancel an appearance at any time due to player/coach/mascot/family conflicts, emergencies, illness, traveling conflict, etc. If for any reason we need to cancel an appearance, we will notify your organization as soon as we are aware of an unavoidable conflict.
Thank you for your interest in making Stand Together part of your event!