The Portland Thorns Pre-Academy is an elite training program for girls
Portland Thorns Pre-Academy - U11 & U12
The 2020/2021 season launched the Portland Thorns Pre-Academy as part of our overall Thorns Academy Program. The Pre-Academy Program is for select U11 & U12 players to begin training in preparation of joining the Portland Thorns Academy. This is a comprehensive, year-round program designed to develop and challenge these players.
2022/2023 Program Highlights
The 2022/2023 program will run May 2022 - April 2023
- Twice weekly training by team coach (June-November)
- Select trainings will be scheduled at Providence Park (Thorns FC stadium)
- Tickets to Thorns FC Home Games as available (pending COVID-19 protocols)
- Access to Portland Thorns Academy Coaching Staff
- Access to Thorns Academy Programming
- “Voice in Sports”
- Thorns FC 1st Team Player and Coach Panels
- Thorns Academy Player Mentorship Program
- Fall OYSA League Games (September-November)
- Futsal Training
- Twice weekly outdoor team training (January-April)
- Spring OYSA League games (February-April)
- OYSA State Cup entry fee (U11 and U12)
- Providence Play Safe Injury Management Enrollment
- TeamSnap Premium Subscription
- Player, coach, and team registration fees with governing association, 2022-2023 coaching salaries, field use and maintenance fees, field equipment, club overhead, the cost for the above included tournaments, league and referee fees.
Thorns Pre-Academy League
The Thorns Pre-Academy plays in the OYSA Timbers/Thorns League.
Teams will compete the OYSA State Cup, held in April of each year.
For information regarding The Pre-Academy Program
and Tryouts please email:
As of May 2022
U12 - 2011
Born Jan 1, 2011- Dec 31, 2011
U11 - 2012
Born Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012
Players must tryout to be considered for a spot on either of the Pre-Academy Teams.
Uniform Kits are available at
Tursi's Soccer Store
Tursi Soccer - DIRECTIONS
8805 SW Canyon Lane
Portland, OR 97225
2022/2023 Uniform Kit
(2nd year of 2 year cycle)