2022 FLYAWAY SWEEPSTAKES PRESENTED BY ALASKA AIRLINES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: 2022 Flyaway Sweepstakes Presented by Alaska Airlines (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents who live within a seventy-five (75) mile radius from Providence Park located at 1844 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97205 (the “Territory”) who are of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (and at least 18 years old) at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of the Portland Thorns(the “Club”), Peregrine TeamCo LLC (“TeamCo”), Peregrine Sports LLC (“StadCo”), Alaska Airlines (together with the Club, TeamC, and StadCo, the “Sponsor”), and National Women’s Soccer League (“NWSL” and together with Sponsor, the “NWSL Entities”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate or win a prize. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void outside Territory and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
2. Objective: Entrants have an opportunity to win air travel for two (2) to Los Angeles, two (2) tickets to the Thorns vs Angel City FC match on July 1, 2022, and hotel accommodations.
4. Online Method: During the Entry Period, go to WWW.TIMBERS.COM/THORNSFC/ALASKASWEEPS and click on the banners, buttons and/or links to access the online entry form for the Sweepstakes and register by filling out the required fields on the Sweepstakes entry page which will include:
1) Full Name
2) E-mail address
3) Date of Birth
4) Telephone Number
5) ZIP code
By submitting your completed online entry form and all other requested information as directed, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested on the online entry form to be eligible. Incomplete entries are void. Online entrants to the Sweepstakes will be given the option to receive commercial e-mails from NWSL Entities; however, eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes is not dependent upon entrant’s consent to receive such e-mails and consenting to do so will not increase your chances of winning.
RANDOM DRAWING: The potential winner(s) of the Sweepstakes (each a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) will be selected by random drawing on or about Saturday, June 4, 2022 from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
5. PRIZES: A Total of One Prize Is Available To Be Awarded (the “Prize”). The Winner will receive coach class air travel for two (2) courtesy of Alaska Airlines from PDX to LAX (ARV: $580), two (2) match tickets to the July 1 Thorns vs. Angel City FC match in Los Angeles, CA (ARV: $150), and a (2) night stay in Los Angeles, CA (ARV: $700). Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: $1,750. The Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging accommodations, any transportation costs, luggage fees, meals, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence, unless accompanied by his/her/their parent or legal guardian or unless the child or legal ward of winner.
The travel is valid for flights served by Alaska Airlines, Horizon Airlines and/or applicable Skywest Airlines flights. Mileage Plan Miles cannot be earned or credited. First Class paid upgrades or mileage plan upgrades are allowed. Connections are also allowed (subject to fare rules). First Bag Free for Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® Cardholders. See Alaska Airlines checked baggage policy and flight schedules at www.alaskaair.com for more details. Individual travel taxes may apply. Once ticketed, fare rules apply regarding changes to itinerary. Winner and guest must possess all necessary documentation required for air travel (e.g., a valid, government-issued driver’s license, U.S. passport, etc.).
6. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole and absolute discretion. NWSL game, event, and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of NWSL and/or the applicable NWSL team, as applicable, and may be subject to change. Exact seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as prizes will govern in the event a game, event, or exhibition, as defined by NWSL, is not played due to weather, an Act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, work stoppage or any other reason. Winner and his/her/their guest agree to comply with all applicable stadium regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and the applicable NWSL Entities reserve the right to remove or deny entry to Winner and/or his/her/their guest who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any game, event, or exhibition. Released Parties (as defined below) will not be responsible for weather, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other event that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any NWSL game, event, or exhibition.
7. Notification: The Winner will be notified by e-mail, mail and/or telephone (in the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or the applicable MLS Entity, as applicable) by the Sponsor. In the event that any Winner does not respond to any such notification within two (2) days of the date of issuance, a disqualification will result, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. Each Winner may be required to submit his/her valid social security number (if applicable) and/or other identification to Sponsor. Each Winner must execute, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and, unless prohibited by law, Release of Publicity, within five (5) days of date sent to the Winner. If all required documents are not properly executed and returned within the specified period of time, the Winner will be disqualified, the entire Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate Winner may be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Refusal or return of documents as non-deliverable or either Winner’s noncompliance with these Official Rules will also result in disqualification of both Winners and forfeiture of the entire Prize and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, may cause alternate Winners to be selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
8. Publication and Assignment of Rights to Submissions: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that his or her submission is an original work of authorship and he or she owns all right, title and interest in the entry as of the date of submission. Entries cannot defame or invade the publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third-party rights. If the entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or that are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining and has obtained, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor and the NWSL Entities in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the entry. If any identifiable person appearing in the entry is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence, the parent or legal guardian of such person is required to provide permission. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry it deems to be offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or that is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, in its sole discretion.
By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to assign all right, title, and interest, including copyright rights, in the entry to Sponsor and grant permission for Sponsor, the NWSL Entities and their respective designees to publish or publicize all or part of their entry, including but not limited to entrant’s name, likeness and submission, in whole or in part, for advertising, promotional and trade or other purposes in conjunction with this and similar promotions in any and all media now known or later developed, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or permission and without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
9. Waiver of Liability/Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes and submitting an entry, each entrant (and by accepting the Prize, each Winner) agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, the NWSL Entities, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (together, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of the Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of the Prize. Each Winner, by acceptance of the Prize, grants to Sponsor, the NWSL Entities and each of their respective designees the right to publicize the Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information in any and all media now known or later devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
10. General Conditions: Released Parties are not responsible for stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, undelivered, inaccurate, postage-due or garbled entries or other documents, through electronic means or mail. Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections; availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions lines; or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any NWSL match. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website.
The Sweepstakes is designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in NWSL. This Sweepstakes may not be used for any form of gambling. If any legal or regulatory authority challenges the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, or disqualify entrants residing in the affected geographic areas; the Released Parties will have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified.
Any persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website or attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception or other unfair playing practices, or intend to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor, the NWSL Entities and/or their respective agents. Sponsor and the NWSL Entities have the sole right to disqualify any entrant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstakes, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. All disputes will be resolved under applicable U.S. laws in Multnomah County, Oregon without giving effect to choice-of-law or conflicted law principles (whether of the state of Oregon, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Oregon. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any terms of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
The Sponsor and the NWSL Entities, as applicable, may, in their sole discretion, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes for any reason, including because a virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor may identify the Winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received before cancellation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND NWSL WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR AND THE NWSL ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All online entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. If only one entry per person is permitted, in case of multiple entries received from any person or e-mail address or household, only the first entry received from such person, e-mail address or household will be considered. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable ISP or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the Winner (available after December 15, 2022), mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 2022 Alaska Flyaway Sweepstakes Winners’ List at 1844 Morrison St, Portland OR 97205. Winners’ list requests must be received by August 3, 2022
SPONSOR: The Sponsors of this Sweepstakes are Peregrine TeamCo LLC located at 1844 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR 97205 and Alaska Airlines located at 19300 International Blvd, SeaTac, WA 98188.