Power Up Enter to Win – Portland Thorns Sweepstakes
Important: Please read these Official Rules before participating in this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. The Power Up Enter to Win – Portland Thorns Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Oregon and Washington within the Territory who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Persons in the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win a Prize in the Sweepstakes: (a) Sponsor, Peregrine Sports LLC (“Sponsor’s Affiliate”), National Women’s Soccer League, LLC (“NWSL” and together with Sponsor and Sponsor’s Affiliate, the “Sponsor Entities”), and Gourmet Nut Inc. (“Power Up”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, service agencies, and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, members, managers, representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”); (b) persons engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials, including printers and agencies, for this Sweepstakes; and (c) persons who are immediate family members of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, and/or individuals who reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. The transfer of a Prize from an ineligible to an eligible person (and vice versa) is prohibited. IF AN ENTRANT DOES NOT MEET THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE ENTRANT IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE APPLICABLE PRIZE TO THE ENTRANT.
- Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on August, 28, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on September 27, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of three (3) entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”). Each Entry Period will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time and end at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on the Entry Period dates specified below during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Entry Period 1: 8/28/23 – 9/6/23
- Entry Period 2: 8/28/23 – 9/20/23
- Entry Period 3: 8/28/23 – 9/27/23
- Selection. Sponsor will award three (3) Prizes (defined below), one for each Entry Period, and each to a randomly selected Entrant from all qualified Entries received during the applicable Entry Period (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”). Sponsor will select each Winner in its sole discretion. The authorized representative submitting the Entry on behalf of each Winner will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone (in the sole discretion of Sponsor), with respect to each Entry Period, on or about the dates specified below:
- Entry Period 1: September 8, 2023
- Entry Period 2: September 22, 2023
- Entry Period 3: September 29, 2023
To claim the applicable Prize, the Winner must follow the instructions contained in the Prize notice and must sign and return a required Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and, unless prohibited by law, a Release of Publicity, as further described in Section 7 below. In the event that an eligible Winner does not claim the Prize within three (3) calendar days after delivery of notification, then in Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, the Prize may be awarded to another randomly selected Winner. Odds of being selected a Winner of the Prize depends on the number of eligible Entries received by Sponsor during each Entry Period. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a potential Winner based on an e-mail address, the applicable Entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry. As used herein, the “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes selections.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”).
- Prizes for the Winning Entries (each, a “Prize”): The Winners will receive the following:
- Four (4) tickets to a 2023 home Thorns match – ARV: $100.00 each ($400.00 total)
- One (1) 24 variety pack of Power Up product – ARV: $12.00 total
- Four (4) 14oz bags of Power Up product – ARV: $6.00 each ($24.00 total)
- One (1) Power Up t-shirt – ARV: $15.00 total
- Total ARV of each Prize: $451.00
- Total ARV of all of the Prizes: $1,353.00
Subject to any changes or other adjustments allowed by these Official Rules and any additional terms and conditions, the 2023 home Thorns match associated with the Prize for each Entry Period will be as follows:
- Entry Period 1: September 16, 2023 v. OL Reign
- Entry Period 2: September 30, 2023 v. San Diego Wave
- Entry Period 3: October 7, 2023 v. NJ/NY Gotham FC
The Prizes are non-refundable for cash. Additional terms and conditions may apply to each Winner’s Prize.
- Prize Restrictions: Limit one (1) Prize per person. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging accommodations, any transportation costs, luggage fees, meals, gratuities, and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize, are the sole responsibility of the applicable Winner. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose, or condition. Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. A Prize will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned, or assigned to any third party. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize in whole or in part with one of comparable or greater value. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF A PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICABLE WINNER.
Game, event, and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or NWSL, and may be subject to change. Exact seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as a Prize will govern in the event a game, event, or exhibition, as defined by NWSL, is not played due to weather, an Act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, work stoppage, or any other reason. Each Winner agrees to comply with all applicable stadium policies, rules, and regulations in connection with the Prize. Sponsor and NWSL reserve the right to remove or deny entry to any Winner and/or any other member of each Winner’s party who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at any game, event or exhibition in Sponsor’s and/or NWSL’s sole discretion. Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible for weather, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, or any other event or circumstance that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any NWSL game, event, or exhibition.
- Winner Notification/Prize Claims. If a Prize is undeliverable to a Winner or otherwise not claimed by a Winner within three (3) calendar days after delivery of notification, or a potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited by such Winner or potential Winner and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, the Prize may be awarded to another randomly selected Winner. Winners are subject to verification. All Winners may be required to verify their eligibility by completing, signing, and returning an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and, unless prohibited by applicable law, a Release of Publicity, and failure to do so within five (5) calendar days of notice of an Entrant’s selection as a Winner of a Prize may result in Entrant’s forfeiture of the Prize.
If Sponsor elects, a potential Prize Winner will be subject to a confidential background check following notice of their selection to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or the Sweepstakes Entities, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The disclosure of any information which may bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Sponsor or the potential Prize Winner’s refusal to cooperate in such background check may result in the disqualification of the Entrant. Winners may be required to complete a W9 Tax Form and may be required to furnish their social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of any Winner.
- Release; Limitation of Liability. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter/X, or their affiliates (“Social Media Platforms”). Entrant, and its designees, assignees, and predecessors and successors in interest, by participating in the Sweepstakes, or by acceptance of a Prize, acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules and agree to release and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and the Social Media Platforms (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from and against any claim or cause of action (and any associated costs, losses, or damages) arising in whole or in part out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the receipt, redemption, or use of a Prize, including any death, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind sustained, directly or indirectly, in connection with the participation in the Sweepstakes or the receipt, use, acceptance, possession, or awarding of any Prize (or any goods or services purchased using the Prize). By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Prize award procedures at its discretion.
- Submitted Materials. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry it deems to be offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or that is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, in its sole discretion. Entries cannot defame or invade the publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to assign, and upon submission does assign, all right, title, and interest, including copyright rights, in the Entry to Sponsor and grant permission for the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective designees to publish or publicize all or part of their Entry, including but not limited to the Entrant’s name, likeness, and submission (as applicable), in whole or in part, for advertising, promotional, and trade or other purposes in conjunction with this and similar promotions in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or permission and without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Force Majeure. Releasees are not responsible for the cancellation or postponement of any event, competition, game, or other live event or exhibition. Releasees are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible, or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone, or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions (including viruses and bugs), failures, difficulties, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Releasees assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO IS FOUND TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, TO BE ACTING IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR TO BE ACTING IN AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE OR DISRUPTIVE MANNER, OR WITH THE INTENT TO DISRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR TO ANNOY, ABUSE, THREATEN, OR HARASS ANY OTHER PERSON, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes or any particular selection of a Winner is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes or particular selection of a Winner as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes or a particular selection of a Winner as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor will have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety.
- General. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sweepstakes is void outside the Territory or where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF OREGON, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. Each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and other causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Multnomah County, Oregon, having jurisdiction. This Sweepstakes may not be used for any form of gambling. In the event that the Sweepstakes is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify Entrants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, Releasees will have no liability to any Entrant or any Winner who is disqualified due to such an action.
- Winners List. To learn of the Winners, available after October 7, 2023, any person may mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 1844 Morrison St., Portland, OR 97205, Attn: Winners’ List – Power Up Enter to Win – Portland Thorns Sweepstakes. All such requests must be received by Sponsor by November 30, 2023.
- Sponsor. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Peregrine TeamCo LLC d/b/a Portland Thorns, 1844 SW Morrison St., Portland, OR 97205.