The 2012 MLS Supplemental Draft is today at 11am PT. MLSsoccer.com hosts a LIVE web chat and you can follow along with the LIVE Draft Tracker.
You can also follow @MLS and @TimbersFC on Twitter for updates throughout the draft.
Occurring over four rounds, the Portland Timbers have the 8th, 26th, 44th, and 62nd selections in today's draft. Players who attended the MLS Combine and were not not selected in last week's MLS SuperDraft are still eligible.
- The draft will be 4 rounds.
- Each team will designate one person who is authorized to make draft selections.
- Teams will be permitted 3 minutes to make a selection during each round of the draft.
- There will be a 3 minute break between rounds.
- If a team fails to make a selection in the allotted time, the next team in order will be permitted to make its selection. The team that failed to make its selection will then be given the opportunity to immediately make its selection. If no selection is made, it will have to again wait until the next team in order makes its selection.
- Each team will be given 1 three minute timeout.
- More than 2 timeouts may not be used consecutively.
Supplemental Drafts often produce a wide variety of players and added depth to a squad. Some past late round Supplemental Draft pick gems include Chris Wondolowski (San Jose, 2005, 4th Round), Dan Kennedy (Chivas USA, 2005, 4th Round), Jeff Larentowicz (New England, 2005, 4th Round), and Chris Tierney (New England, 2008, 1st Round). Timbers defender Steve Purdy was slected in the 1st Round of the 2007 Supplemental Draft by the Galaxy.
Who will the Timbers select today? Tune in to find out.