PORTLAND, Ore. – The evening of Saturday, June 1, will be a memorable night in downtown Portland, as the Portland Timbers play host to Los Angeles FC in their 2019 home opener at Providence Park and the Portland Rose Festival hosts the Starlight Parade. As a result, road closures will be in effect for a number of streets in downtown Portland and near Providence Park. Fans are encouraged to plan ahead and arrive early to the match to avoid delays.
The Starlight Run will start at 7 p.m. and conclude at approximately 8 p.m. The Starlight Parade will begin at 8:30 p.m. at 9th and Burnside and conclude at roughly 11:30 p.m. The first floats will reach the disband area nearby Lincoln High School around 9:15-9:30 p.m. The parade will be underway as fans exit the stadium from the match.
Click here for the parade map.
Many local parking lots near Providence Park will be affected by the parade and run. Supporters are strongly encouraged to use public transit, bike or walk to the game if at all possible. Fans who drive to the match should plan on arriving early and parking in an area outside of the parade zone. Fans are advised to stay north of Burnside, south of Main St. and east of NW 20th Ave., when navigating the downtown corridor.
Additionally, in celebration of the Timbers home opener and the Rose Festival, any fan wearing Timbers gear who attends CityFair after the match will get free admission on June 1.
- The northbound Salmon Street exit (2A) off of I-405 will close at approximately 5:30 p.m.
- The parade formation zone will close at approximately 3 p.m.
- The parade disband zone will close at approximately 4 p.m.
- Remaining city street road closures around the route will close at approximately 6 p.m.
- All roads/areas will re-open at approximately 11:30 p.m.
- Arriving from NORTH
- Take Interstate 5 South, go west across the Fremont Bridge to I-405 south to the Glisan/Everett St. exit (2B); take a right on any street prior to Burnside
- Arriving from SOUTH
- Take Interstate 5 North, go west to I-405, and take exit to 4th Ave. (1B) or 6th Ave. (1C); take a left on Jefferson St.
- Take Interstate 5 North, go west to I-405 to the Glisan St. exit (2B); take a left on Glisan St.
- Arriving from EAST
- Take the Broadway or Steel bridges and proceed west on NW Glisan to NW 18th Avenue or the Hawthorne Bridge to SW Main Street, or follow any of the I-405 directions from the North or South
- Arriving from WEST (US 26)
- Take the Providence Park/Jefferson St. exit (73) off of US 26
- Take the Market St. exit (74) off of US 26; take a left toward Jefferson St.
- Take I-405 north to the Glisan St. exit (2B); take a left on Glisan St.
Getting to Providence Park
Supporters are encouraged to take public transportation to and from the match. From TriMet routes, to bike parking, or Lyft pick-up and drop-off zones, view a complete list of transportation options, here.