The Portland Timbers begin their 2016-17 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League campaign against El Salvador's C.D. Dragón at Providence Park Wednesday. Kickoff is 7pm PT.
- TICKETS: Timbers vs. Dragón
The CONCACAF Facebook page will have a live stream of the match along with a television broadcast on Galavision. Galavision can bee seen locally in Portland on channels 801 on Comcast, 404 on DirectTV and 273 on Dish. Check your local listings for further details.
The Timbers will be wearing their Rose City Red kits for this match.
- MATCHCENTER: Lineups
- MATCHCENTER: Timeline
- MATCHCENTER: Stats
- READ: #PORvCDD Quick Strikes with five numbers to know for the match
- READ: SCCL: Who are the teams in the Timbers group?
- READ: SCCL: What are the stakes?
- READ: SCCL: Importance of the group stage
- READ: SCCL: How have MLS teams done in the tournament?
- READ: SCCL: What is the tournament?
- READ: Letter from Merritt Paulson on the importance of SCCL and USOC
- WATCH: Porter, McInerney and Gleeson discuss taking on Dragón
- PLAY: Set Piece: A Timbers Video Game
Providence Park Notes
All guests entering Providence Park will be subject to new enhanced security screening procedures, including metal detector screening prior to admittance to all Thorns & Portland Timbers matches. The new security measures are being put in place at all MLS soccer venues.
With the new policies in place, we are encouraging all fans to arrive extra early for matches to minimize wait times and potential delays entering Providence Park. Remember, early entry into the stadium for Timbers matches includes concession discounts—courtesy of Simple—of up to 25 percent on all concessions beginning the hour after the first gates open (e.g. between 5:30-6:30 p.m. for a 7:30 p.m. match).
This enhanced screening includes walkthrough metal detectors (magnetometers), and a recently implemented bag size policy (bags larger than 14” x 14” x 6” are not be allowed into Providence Park). Providence Park does not offer storage of prohibited items or oversized bags for guests, so everyone is encouraged to familiarize themselves with the new policies.
Guests with special medical and dietary needs will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis with respect and minimal inconvenience.
All five gates at Providence Park will have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle.
- Visit Koi Fusion in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).