The Portland Timbers welcome Sporting Kansas City Saturday night at Providence Park, presented by Daimler. Kickoff is 7:30pm PT on ROOT SPORTS.
ROOT SPORTS is broadcasting the game with Jake Zivin (play-by-play), Ross Smith (soccer analyst) and Nat Borchers (sideline reporter) on the call. ROOT SPORTS can be seen in Portland on channels 734 on Comcast, 687 on DirecTV, 426 on Dish Network and 576 on Frontier Fios. Check your local listings for further details.
Keith Bleyer and Laura Schott will provide the radio call on 750 The Game with a free audio webstream available online.
- KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT: Timbers look to dampen KC's playoff hopes
- QUICK STRIKES: Timbers-Sporting will be Portland's 300th MLS match
- WATCH: Savarese on KC: "It's going to be an interesting match"
- READ: Paredes, Flores and Zambrano called up for national team duty
- READ: Villafaña named to MLS Team of the Week
- WATCH: Dielna on the latest Timbers in 30
- SKC: KC previews Portland
- SKC: Five things to know for #PORvSKC
The Timbers will be wearing their Green and Gold kits for the match.
Providence Park Updates
#Daimlerphotobomb presented by Daimler Trucks North America
Cutouts of Diego Valeri will be handed to the first 5,500 fans entering Providence Park.
Post your best photobombs (photo or video), with the hashtag #DaimlerPhotobomb, to Twitter and Instagram by September 29, 2019. Download your own here.
Diego Valeri will pick his personal favorite, and if it’s yours, you will receive an ultimate Timbers fan experience with Valeri after an upcoming home game, courtesy of Daimler Trucks North America. Good luck! Click here for more information.
Getting to Providence Park
The Portland Timbers highly encourage all fans to take public transportation to and from matches, especially during the grand re-opening weekend.
From TriMet routes, to bike parking, or Lyft pick-up and drop-off zones, view a complete list of transportation options HERE.
An additional transportation fact sheet can be viewed HERE.
NEW PROVIDENCE PARK STADIUM MAP, POLICIES and AMENITIES
An amended Providence Park stadium map can be viewed below to reflect new gates, phone charging stations, merchandise stands and more. Visit PTFCmap.com.
All gates at Providence Park have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
Biking & Ride Share on Matchday
Providence Park offers bike parking for all Timbers matches.
Stand Together 50/50 Raffle
Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle benefitting Special Olympics Oregon and Stand Together's Fields for All initiative.
Timbers Army Gate E & Wristband FAQ for 2019 Season
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate E for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. Wristbands are not handed out for Concacaf Champions League or U.S. Open Cup matches.
2019 Timbers Army Wristband Policies
- Fans seeking wristbands will not be allowed to line up more than 24 hours prior to a Timbers match and camping will be prohibited.*
- PLEASE NOTE FOR TODAY'S MATCH: Due to an early morning event at Providence Park, the wristband line will be starting at Gate E and queuing it to the east.
- The total number of wristbands distributed will be 600.*
- The distribution window will be 3-10 hours prior to the published kick-off time.
- Due to the East Side expansion and additional entry points being created, Providence Park gates have been “re-named” in alphabetical order, starting in the SE corner. Gate 3 will now be identified as Gate E.
- Ingress will take place with 2 lines of 300. Wristbands numbered 1-300 will line up to the East and enter first. Wristbands 301-600 will line up to the West of Gate E and enter after the first group.
*These policies may be amended during the season as needed and several exceptions may be added for rivalry matches or unique scheduling dynamics. When there are events during the day or evening prior to a Timbers match, queuing will not be allowed until after the completion of that event. View full policy here.