Heineken Rivalry Week comes to a close as the Portland Timbers clash with Cascadia Cup rival Seattle Sounders FC at Providence Park Sunday, presented by Providence Health & Services. Kickoff is scheduled for at 7:30pm PT sharp on ESPN2 with a special pregame show beginning at 7pm PT.
ESPN2 will broadcast the game with Adrian Healey (play-by-play), Taylor Twellman (analyst) and Julie Stewart- Binks (reporter) on the call. ESPN2 can be seen in Portland on channels 736 on Comcast, 36 on DirecTV and Dish and 574 on Frontier Fios. Check your local listings for further details.
Jake Zivin and Ross Smith will provide the radio call on 102.9 FM and 750 AM The Game, featuring a free online audio webstream available via www.1029thegame.com.
Heat Advisory Information
- Revised water policies at the gates will allow in sealed water bottles and sealed sports drinks only
- There will be designated cooling station on the east side concourse
- There are increased water stations throughout the concourse.
The Timbers will be wearing their Primary Green kits for this match.
- VOTE: Vote Timbers for 2017 MLS All-Star Game
- MATCHDAY PREVIEW: Timbers vs. Sounders
- READ: #PORvSEA Quick Strikes: With next start, Nagbe notches 200th game played
- READ: Chara helps design special Timbers-Sounders rivalry match poster
- READ: The Soccer Life | Jack Jewsbury on jersey swaps in rivalry games
- READ: Quiz: How well do you know your Timbers-Sounders rivalry trivia?
- WATCH: Porter discusses facing Seattle in weekly press conference
- WATCH: MLS Insider | From Nigeria to the Northwest: Adi's Journey
- WATCH: Timbers-Sounders "There's nothing that compares to a Derby Day"
- WATCH: Adi: "It's going to be a great game and we're all ready for it"
- READ: Cascadia Cup Standings: All three teams even
- READ: Timbers and Thorns bike art hits the streets of Portland
- Ti30: Valentin joins the show and previews Seattle
- SEA: Sounders confident heading into match
- SEA: Schmetzer talks about heat conditions for game
- PLAY: Training Ground: Timbers eGames - Chant
- DOWNLOAD: NEW emojis in Two-Stick: Timbers Messenger App
Providence Park Notes
All guests entering Providence Park will be subject to new enhanced security screening procedures, including metal detector screening prior to admittance to all Thorns & Portland Timbers matches.
With security policies in place, we encourage all fans to arrive extra early for matches to minimize wait times and potential delays entering Providence Park.
This enhanced screening includes walkthrough metal detectors (magnetometers), and a recently implemented bag size policy (bags larger than 14” x 14” x 6” are not be allowed into Providence Park). Providence Park does not offer storage of prohibited items or oversized bags for guests, so everyone is encouraged to familiarize themselves with the new policies.
Guests with special medical and dietary needs will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis with respect and minimal inconvenience.
All five gates at Providence Park have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle.
- Visit Kim Jong Grillin in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).
- Come to the stadium via Uber? Have an Uber driver who knocked it out of the park? Send them to a Timbers game. Learn how: www.uber.com/info/all-stars.
1. Get To The Stadium
2. Buy Tickets
3. Choose Your Entrance - KeyBank Club seats open two hours prior to kickoff. Gate 3 (Timbers Army Gate) opens two hours prior to kickoff for people with wristbands (see below) and then 90 minutes prior without wristbands along with Gates 1, 2, 4, & 5 - SEE SPECIAL ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR GATE 3 BELOW
4. Find Your Seat
5. Enjoy The Match
6. After The Match
Also read our guides on TriMet, Parking, and Guest Guide.
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution. For more details, please visit the Timbers Army Gate Wristband FAQ.