The Portland Timbers continued their preparations for the upcoming 2018 MLS season Tuesday with the acquisition of winger Andy Polo. Polo comes to the Rose City on loan from Liga MX side Monarcas Morelia. Lean more about the newest Timbers player.
- Polo's nickname is La Joya (The Jewel)
- Polo was given the award for Jugador Revelación (Breakthrough Player) of the 2011 Torneo Descentralizado season
- His first international goal for Peru was scored at Memorial Stadium in Seattle in a 3-1 friendly win over El Salvador on May 28, 2016
- At the age of 16, he made his professional debut for Universitario in Peru and later signed with Inter Milan at the age of 19 though did not make an appearance for the Serie A side
- Polo is a proud father of two children
- A veteran of the Peru U-15 and U-17 sides, Polo has made 15 appearances for La Blanquirroja and was part of their quarter-final run at the 2016 Copa America Centenario