The Portland Timbers open the remodeled and expanded Providence Park Saturday with their 2019 MLS home opener against Los Angeles FC, presented by Providence Health and Services. Kickoff is 7:30pm PT on ESPN2.
ESPN2 will broadcast the game with Jon Champion (play-by-play), Taylor Twellman (analyst) and Sebastian Salazar (sideline reporter) on the call. ESPN2 can be seen in Portland on channels 736 on Comcast, 209 on DirecTV, 143 on Dish Network and 574 on Frontier Fios. Check your local listings for further details.
Jake Zivin and Ross Smith will provide the radio call on 102.9 FM The Game with a free audio webstream available here.
The Timbers will be wearing their Green and Gold primary kits for the match.
- KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT: LAFC the perfect visitor for the new Providence Park
- QUICK STRIKES: Timbers riding 15-game home opener unbeaten streak
- READ: The hunt for Brian Fernandez: How the Timbers found their newest Designated Player
- WATCH: Giovanni Savarese's weekly press conference
- WATCH: Bill Tuiloma vlogs the new Timbers locker room
- LISTEN: Diego Chara, Giovanni Savarese on Talk Timbers podcast
- READ: Writer Greg Rucka on power of place, community of Providence Park
- READ: New eastside expansion caps glittering Providence Park reinvention
- PHOTOS: Portraits of the men and women who helped expand Providence Park
- INFOGRAPHIC: Providence Park expansion by the numbers
- WATCH: Savarese on Timbers in 30
- VOTE: Timbers for 2019 MLS All-Star Game
- LAFC: LAFC previews Portland
- LAFC: LAFC's keys to the match against the Timbers
Providence Park Updates
Starlight Parade and Run | JUNE 1
The Portland Timbers home opener on June 1 is the same day as the annual Rose Festival Starlight Parade and Run. As a result, road closures will be in effect for a number of streets in downtown Portland and near Providence Park. Please plan on arriving early to the match to avoid delays.
Many parking lots near Providence Park will be affected by the parade and run. We strongly encourage all supporters to take public transportation, bike or walk to the game if at all possible. If you must drive, please plan on arriving early and parking in an area outside of the parade zone. We advise staying north of Burnside, south of Main St. and east of NW 20th Ave., when navigating the downtown corridor.
Additionally, in celebration of the Timbers home opener and the Rose Festival, any fan wearing Timbers gear who attends CityFair after the match will get free admission on June 1.
Parade and Run Timing
- The Starlight run will start at 7 p.m. and conclude at approximately 8pm.
- The Starlight parade will start at 8:30pm at 9th and Burnside and conclude at roughly 11:15pm. The first floats will reach the Disband Area at Lincoln High School around 9:15 to 9:30pm.
- HIGHWAY CLOSURE - The northbound Salmon Street exit (2A) off of I-405 will close at approximately 5:30 p.m.
- The “Formation” Zone will close at approximately 3pm.
- The “Disband” Zone will close at approximately 4pm.
- Remaining city streets around the route will close at approximately 6pm.
- All roads/area will re-open at approximately 11:30pm.
Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle.
Getting to Providence Park
The Portland Timbers and Thorns FC highly encourage all fans to take public transportation to and from matches, especially during the grand re-opening weekend.
From TriMet routes, to bike parking, or Lyft pick-up and drop-off zones, view a complete list of transportation options HERE.
An additional transportation fact sheet can be viewed HERE.
NEW PROVIDENCE PARK STADIUM MAP, POLICIES and AMENITIES
An amended Providence Park stadium map can be viewed below to reflect new gates, phone charging stations, merchandise stands and more. Visit PTFCmap.com.
All gates at Providence Park have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
Biking & Ride Share on Matchday
Providence Park offers bike parking for all Timbers matches.
Timbers Army Gate E & Wristband FAQ for 2019 Season
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate E for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. Wristbands are not handed out for Concacaf Champions League or U.S. Open Cup matches.
2019 Timbers Army Wristband Policies
- Fans seeking wristbands will not be allowed to line up more than 24 hours prior to a Timbers match and camping will be prohibited.*
- The line for the wristband distribution will start at the a-frame near the credential booth and queue along Morrison to the east.
- The total number of wristbands distributed will be 600.*
- The distribution window will be 3-8 hours prior to the published kick-off time.
- Due to the East Side expansion and additional entry points being created, Providence Park gates have been “re-named” in alphabetical order, starting in the SE corner. Gate 3 will now be identified as Gate E.
- Ingress will take place with 2 lines of 300. Wristbands numbered 1-300 will line up to the East and enter first. Wristbands 301-600 will line up to the West of Gate E and enter after the first group.
*These policies may be amended during the season as needed and several exceptions may be added for rivalry matches or unique scheduling dynamics. When there are events during the day or evening prior to a Timbers match, queuing will not be allowed until after the completion of that event. View full policy here.