The Portland Timbers face off Wednesday night against the Chicago Fire at Providence Park, presented by Oregon Lottery. Kickoff is 8pm PT on ROOT SPORTS.
ROOT SPORTS is broadcasting the game with Jake Zivin (play-by-play), Ross Smith (soccer analyst) and Nat Borchers (sideline reporter) on the call. ROOT SPORTS can be seen in Portland on channels 734 on Comcast, 687 on DirecTV, 426 on Dish Network and 576 on Frontier Fios. Check your local listings for further details.
Keith Bleyer and Joe Sleven will provide the radio call on 102.9 FM The Game with a free audio webstream available here.
- KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT: Chicago arrive in Portland on short rest
- QUICK STRIKES: Timbers look to continue unbeaten streak against Chicago
- READ: Zambrano named to MLS Team of the Week
- READ: Bangers, cellies and Cascadia Cup control in Timbers' 3-1 win over Vancouver
- READ: Timbers defeat Whitecaps, 3-1
- CHI: Fire defeat Impact 3-2
- CHI: Match storylines for #PORvCHI
The Timbers will be wearing their White and Green kits for the match.
Providence Park Updates
Getting to Providence Park
The Portland Timbers highly encourage all fans to take public transportation to and from matches, especially during the grand re-opening weekend.
From TriMet routes, to bike parking, or Lyft pick-up and drop-off zones, view a complete list of transportation options HERE.
An additional transportation fact sheet can be viewed HERE.
TRIMET ALERT: Eastside MAX construction running through Aug. 17 will affect TriMet transportation to Providence Park and extend travel time. Leave extra time and read here for additional information.
Wednesday's Portland Timbers match against the Chicago Fire will feature the club's special Park Pricing menu, presented by Coors Light. New for 2019, the Timbers are offering $2 hot dogs, $2 nachos and $5, 16-ounce cans of Coors Light throughout the stadium for midweek home games; limit eight items per transaction. Click here for more information.
NEW PROVIDENCE PARK STADIUM MAP, POLICIES and AMENITIES
An amended Providence Park stadium map can be viewed below to reflect new gates, phone charging stations, merchandise stands and more. Visit PTFCmap.com.
All gates at Providence Park have magnetometers. Click here for additional information.
Biking & Ride Share on Matchday
Providence Park offers bike parking for all Timbers matches.
Stand Together 50/50 Raffle
Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle benefitting Special Olympics Oregon and Stand Together's Fields for All initiative.
Timbers Army Gate E & Wristband FAQ for 2019 Season
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate E for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. Wristbands are not handed out for Concacaf Champions League or U.S. Open Cup matches.
2019 Timbers Army Wristband Policies
- Fans seeking wristbands will not be allowed to line up more than 24 hours prior to a Timbers match and camping will be prohibited.*
- The line for the wristband distribution will start at the a-frame near the credential booth and queue along Morrison to the east.
- The total number of wristbands distributed will be 600.*
- The distribution window will be 3-10 hours prior to the published kick-off time.
- Due to the East Side expansion and additional entry points being created, Providence Park gates have been “re-named” in alphabetical order, starting in the SE corner. Gate 3 will now be identified as Gate E.
- Ingress will take place with 2 lines of 300. Wristbands numbered 1-300 will line up to the East and enter first. Wristbands 301-600 will line up to the West of Gate E and enter after the first group.
*These policies may be amended during the season as needed and several exceptions may be added for rivalry matches or unique scheduling dynamics. When there are events during the day or evening prior to a Timbers match, queuing will not be allowed until after the completion of that event. View full policy here.