Thorns FC vs. Chicago Red Stars | NWSL Challenge Cup | July 1, 2020 - 9:30 a.m. PT | CBS All Access
Portland Thorns FC play their second match of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup presented by P&G and Secret Wednesday when face the Chicago Red Stars Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah. The match is presented locally by Power Up Snacks. Kickoff for the match is 9:30am PT on CBS All Access.
You can watch the match on CBS All Access with Mike Watts (play-by-play) and Lori Lindsey (analyst) on the call.
Following the match, the Thorns Postgame Report presented by Providence Health & Services, will go live with host Ann Schatz and soccer analyst Marian Dougherty to break down the match. Tune in to the Thorns Facebook page or YouTube page approximately 15 minutes after the final whistle.
- READ: Challenge Cup 101 | Everything you need to know about the tournament
- READ: Farley | Thorns take lesson from first game into match against Chicago
- READ: Charley scores but Thorns lose 2-1 to Courage
- READ: Farley | No lucky breaks but Thorns play well in loss to NC
- READ: Farley | New faces bring added skill, talent to Thorns ahead of Utah
- WATCH: Horan talks opener and getting set for Red Stars
- WATCH: Bixby talks about her Thorns' debut as team preps for Chicago
- LISTEN: Get fired up! Team-curated playlist
- READ: #Statman Stumpers | How well do you know the tournament opponents?
- READ: Thorns announce roster for Challenge Cup
- READ: NWSL announce rules and regulations for Challenge Cup
#Statman's Numbers for #PORvCHI
7Tackling Machine – Among players who played in the first weekend of the Challenge Cup, no player had more tackles than the seven by Thorns midfielder Lindsey Horan. The former league MVP has twice finished a regular season in the top-five for most tackles in NWSL (2017 and 2018).
2Two continents, two games, two goals – Forward Simone Charley scored her first ever goal for the Thorns in Saturday's Challenge Cup opener. Even though it was her first goal for Portland, it was the second consecutive match with a goal for Charley, who scored in her final match for the W-League's Canberra United on February 16.
37Name in the record books – With her goal, Charley became the 37th different player to score a goal for the Thorns in a competitive match since the team's debut in 2013. Charley is one of seven active Thorns players to have scored for the club.
8Another season – Forward Christine Sinclair is the only player to have played all eight Thorns seasons for the club. The Canadian international is also the only player who was allocated for the NWSL's original season of 2013 that is competing for their original team in the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup.
1/18Opponent History – Portland has had success against Red Stars in NWSL play. The Thorns have just one loss against Chicago in the last 18 matches between the two clubs.