The Portland Timbers take on Vancouver Whitecaps FC Sunday night in a closed-door match at Providence Park. The match is presented by Unitus Community Credit Union. Kickoff is 7:00pm PT on ROOT SPORTS.
In a unique situation, due to U.S.-Canadian travel restrictions, Vancouver is using Providence Park as their home field for the remainder of the 2020 MLS regular season making Portland the away team for this match.
ROOT SPORTS is broadcasting the game at 7:00pm PT with Jake Zivin (play-by-play), Ross Smith (soccer analyst) and Nat Borchers (soccer analyst) on the call. Check your local listings for further details and see below for more info.
Keith Bleyer (play-by-play) and Joe Sleven (soccer analyst) will provide the radio call on 750 The Game with a free audio webstream available online.
- KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT: Timbers face Whitecaps Providence Park
- QUICK STRIKES: Yimmi Chara on a goal-scoring streak of three consecutive games
- READ: Farley | Timbers aim for consistency in strong play as Vancouver approaches
- WATCH: Zivin talks with GK Aljaz Ivacic about his first MLS start and win, preparing for Vancouver
- WATCH: Savarese: "The mentality within the group is at a very good level"
- READ: Clark named to the MLS Team of the Week
- READ: Timbers fillet Sounders 1-0
- READ: Farley | Timbers played a "total game" in win over Seattle
- VAN: Caps lose 6-0 to LAFC
- VAN: Caps Primetime with Alex Schuster and Phil Dos Santos
RALLY THE VOTE
The Timbers encourage voting and voting registration as part of the Rally the Vote campaign and Major League Soccer’s Unites to Vote platform.
Rally the Vote is a nonpartisan coalition in partnership with When We All Vote and RISE, composed of over 40 professional sports franchises whose aim is to urge their fans to register to vote and participate in elections. Teams from the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS, WNBA and NWSL have joined the effort to encourage fans to get in the game and make their voices heard. For more information, click here.
HOW TO WATCH
ROOT SPORTS NW is available via your local cable provider across Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and Alaska. Check your local cable listings for channel designation.
Viewers outside the ROOT SPORTS NW region can find these game broadcasts on Major League Soccer’s out-of-market package, ESPN+.