Portland Timbers vs. Columbus Crew | May 17, 2014, 7:30 p.m PT | ROOT-NW
Spring has sprung in the Pacific Northwest! The Portland Timbers kickoff Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. PT against the Columbus Crew at Providence Park. Keith Blyer and Ross Smith are on the television call today via ROOT Sports NW (in Portland on channels 34 & 734 on Comcast, 687 on DirecTV and 426). Radio coverage can be found with a free online audio stream on 750 The Game with Jake Zivin and Andrew Gregor calling the action.
Stumptown Coffee's new special edition Timbers 1975 Blend will be available tonight at concession stands across the park. Learn more about it here.
The Timbers will be wearing their Primary Green kits this evening.
Providence Park Notes
- Check out the Stand Together 50/50 raffle. Learn more about its impact with AC Portland and in the community.
- Visit 808 Grinds in the SE corner of the stadium as part of the Portland Timbers Food Cart Alliance (PTFCA).
- Read about the numerous new Oregon-based menu items at Providence Park.
- Find the free Timbers Photobooth and get your picture taken for free at the game.
- Info on water policy can also be found on The Backcut blog.
- E-cycle your old mobile phone.
- Sign up for Timbers Match Text Alerts. Text "ALERT" to 27299 to join. Match day alerts will send you notifications for goals, cards & more for instant updates on the match.
1. Get To The Stadium
2. Buy Tickets
3. Choose Your Entrance - KeyBank Club seats open two hours prior to kickoff. Gate 3 (Timbers Army Gate) opens two hours prior to kickoff for people with wristbands (see below) and then 90 minutes prior without wristbands along with Gates 1, 2, 4, & 5 - SEE SPECIAL ENTRY PROCEDURE FOR GATE 3 BELOW
4. Find Your Seat
5. Enjoy The Match
6. After The Match
Also read our guides on TriMet, Parking, and Guest Guide.
Timbers Army Gate 3 Procedures
Due to the high demand for the best seats in the Timbers Army and our desire to provide a fair and consistent early entry procedure, we will be once again using a system of wristbands to help facilitate early entry at Gate 3 for Timbers Army fans at Providence Park. This has been done after consultation with the 107ist Board who will assist with additional volunteers to help with education and execution. For more details, please visit the Timbers Army Gate Wristband FAQ.
View photos from the match, comment on articles, and get exclusive content.
KEYBANK SCOUTING REPORT MATCHDAY PREVIEW: Timbers want to grab win in final game of three-game home stand
WATCH: Caleb Porter stresses urgency in game against Columbus
WATCH: Valeri, Zakuani & Zemanski discuss team's play ahead of the Crew
READ: Quick Strikes: Five numbers to know for #PORvCLB
READ: Unbeaten in three, Timbers face challenges with injuries
WIN: #Timbers14 Photo Contest
CLB: Crew refocused for Portland
CLB: Crew previews the Timbers
Join the on Twitter with #RCTID